What's new

Switch for a Mechanical Box Mod

ZeroInfinity94

Postman
Well hello POTV!
Am building my own box mod, might as well make the most of the time I have at college.
Right I have the box, battery set up and 510 connection sorted but I need a switch.
Am going to be using two EFEST purple 18650 as I am doing some sub-ohm builds, safety first!
All the switches I have come across have a low amp limit so I need something that has a higher amp limit so is there anything like that?
Am doing this literally because:
I can, am vetting my monies worth for this course, am bored in college, I want something I have made and I need hellish battery life so I can go out an about with a sub-ohm build.
Cheers guys!

Sent from my XT1032 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

sparkyjuice
Huh? A la mech mod? I understood the mech mod part haha
I would cannibalize another mech mod but I don't have another one apart from the one I use daily :(

sparkyjuice
Huh? A la mech mod? I understood the mech mod part haha
I would cannibalize another mech mod but I don't have another one apart from the one I use daily :(

Sorry I meant make one like on a mech tube mod
What college course you on?
If you have access to a lathe then mech switch is feasible
Otherwise try stealthvape they have mod parts for sale
Or try post by doobedoobedo where he uses smal switch to switch MOSFET transistor

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Ah fair do sitting here thing das fook then aha
Am doing Welding and Fab and lathe hell no, that costs money and the college won't let a mere student use it even if they know how to use the dam thing :/
I have been on stealth vape and on every switch They have no amp rating

Ah fair do sitting here thing das fook then aha
Am doing Welding and Fab and lathe hell no, that costs money and the college won't let a mere student use it even if they know how to use the dam thing :/
I have been on stealth vape and on every switch They have no amp rating

Stealthvape switches are 9 amp
Or try RS components ltd

Last edited:
Sound I will have a look now
Cheers for that man

Would just like to add that I would stay around 20 amps with that switch I linked just to be safe. Worst case scenario is that the switch welds its self and shorts out.

Back
Top Bottom