What's new

Sxk Hadaly vs wasp nano

Is there a short answer as to how TC differs from W in terms of voltage, current and resistance delivered and why the different metals mean each is only suitable for one setup or another?

To be honest, TC is not an area that I can comfortably give much info or any advice. I'm planning on experimenting with it very soon myself as I've just got my first dna250 mod recently. But so far I've been avoiding it so I don't know enough about it yet to be able to give advice on it. There will be other members who will be more suited to that topic at the moment. But I can tell you that some metals have to be used in TC mode (like Ni200) because they are much softer and less stable at higher temperatures. So the TC is used to cut the power before the temp goes above what is suitable for the metal to cope with and it either deforms and melts or a chemical reaction happens and potentially releases harmful particles. The wires used in power mode are stronger and can withstand much higher temperatures without negative effects on the metal.

In a couple of sentences, as I understand it, the only real difference is that in TC mode the mod will deliver the power up until the specified temperature is reached and then it will automatically cut the power to stop the coil exceeding the temp limit set by the user. So it's like having a motorbike with a rev limiter set to 6000rpm. Whereas in wattage mode there's no limiter so you can basically rev it till the engine blows up if you want to. But in TC when you hit the 6000rpm it will stop you going any higher either by cutting the power completely or, I would expect, by pulsing the power to maintain it at that temp level. Resistance would make no difference which ever mode is used. And the voltage will depend on how much power is needed to maintain the temperature that's been set.

Hope that made some kinda sense. Like I said, I'm sure someone with more TC knowledge can do a better job explaining it.

I know @simong uses TC. Maybe he can help?

To be honest, TC is not an area that I can comfortably give much info or any advice. I'm planning on experimenting with it very soon myself as I've just got my first dna250 mod recently. But so far I've been avoiding it so I don't know enough about it yet to be able to give advice on it. There will be other members who will be more suited to that topic at the moment. But I can tell you that some metals have to be used in TC mode (like Ni200) because they are much softer and less stable at higher temperatures. So the TC is used to cut the power before the temp goes above what is suitable for the metal to cope with and it either deforms and melts or a chemical reaction happens and potentially releases harmful particles. The wires used in power mode are stronger and can withstand much higher temperatures without negative effects on the metal.

In a couple of sentences, as I understand it, the only real difference is that in TC mode the mod will deliver the power up until the specified temperature is reached and then it will automatically cut the power to stop the coil exceeding the temp limit set by the user. So it's like having a motorbike with a rev limiter set to 6000rpm. Whereas in wattage mode there's no limiter so you can basically rev it till the engine blows up if you want to. But in TC when you hit the 6000rpm it will stop you going any higher either by cutting the power completely or, I would expect, by pulsing the power to maintain it at that temp level. Resistance would make no difference which ever mode is used. And the voltage will depend on how much power is needed to maintain the temperature that's been set.

Hope that made some kinda sense. Like I said, I'm sure someone with more TC knowledge can do a better job explaining it.

I know @simong uses TC. Maybe he can help?
Thanks Mitz... I've been happy vaping in simple wattage mode up until now, but it would be interesting to see how TC effects the experience. I've got a DNA mod on the Chrimbo list, so I've got a while to read up on the do's and don'ts, and indeed, if it's worthwhile.

Pretty much what @Mitz has said. SS, Ti & Ni all show a resistance change as they heat up & the chip uses this to calculate the temp. In a good chip the power is delivered quickly to get to the set temp then maintains the temp smoothly. A poor chip you'll be able to feel the pulsing as the vape goes hot & cold. DNA & Yihi chips are much better at this & temp overall. Set right with a good build & wick & you'll never get a dry hit. It can take a while to get right though as it's a different mindset compared to power mode as it's not so geared around resistance.
For the wires used only in power mode this is mainly because there isn't enough resistance change to measure. SS is the exception as it can be used in both.

@Mitz sooooo......payday rolled around and the sxk hadaly n wasp are on the slow boat to my house...,i hold you personally responsable for all the new builds i have to piss about with... :18:

+1 for ya there!
Check out the Narda clone and Odis O atty also, sure they will tickle your taste buds and empty your PayPal balance. [emoji1] [emoji1]

Slightly off topic but is there a guide for different wire on the forum?

You even have to press the fire button 5 times to turn it on/off.

Been using a squeeze for a while and never knew this function lol

My preference is also the hadaly, though the wasp is also nice and easier to build the flavour in the hadaly tops it, my other gripe with the wasp is the lack of a standard drip tip, and none I have seem to look right on it.

Yay...thats one!
Does that look right with the clamps? Not used a clamp deck before :27:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
Yay...thats one!
Does that look right with the clamps? Not used a clamp deck before :27:

That looks good. The only difference I see is, I install mine upside down to yours with the leads on top as opposed to underneath. Personally I just find it easier to position the coil leads up. And also I think you have one more wrap than me.

IMAG1085.jpg

I do. Comes in about 0.5 ohms. And i forgot to space em out. New guy! Lol Never mind. Next time....to busy enjoying this at mo. No spitting at all.... blows the tits off the wraith atty.

Back
Top Bottom