What's new

SXK Insider mtl bridge

I've been using one for the last few days with the smallest airflow insert and chimney, I like it, it suits my tight MTL preference..

I'm not sure if this is a common issue but I couldn't tighten the screws without chopping off the coil legs, they were either loose or chopped off, I wasted a few coils trying to get one tight without cutting the legs off, it wasn't possible... It "might" be ok with thicker wire...

I ended up running a small drill bit back and forth by hand through the leg holes to remove any burrs, and I also held the screws in a pin-vise and ran them over some fine "wet & dry" emery/sand-paper to remove the sharp burrs and round the ends off a bit ...
View attachment 200978
It's all good now.. I later noticed there is a pair of grub screws in the bag with the spare o-rings, the ends of them look a lot cleaner than the phillips head screws that were installed, it might be worth trying them if your screws are crappy like mine were..

Being lazy (after chopping the legs off my first hand-made coil), I just used a cheap pre-made 0.3mm nichrome, 3mm ID, 1.8ohm coil I got from FT 4 years ago, ($1.78 for 50):
https://www.fasttech.com/p/2133206
The coils are wound in the wrong direction for the offset height posts but they mount ok:
View attachment 200980

View attachment 200979

The air flow insert sits in loose, I considered deforming it a bit with side cutters so it would be a firm fit but I figure once there's some juice around it the surface tension will probably keep it in place... Shaking the BB I can't hear it move so it seems all good...

No leaking or flooding so far... I think I'm enjoying it more than the SXK Crossbow I'm also tinkering with at the moment, but I haven't used them long enough to form a firm opinion..

Thanks. This is exactly what we need, some good honest real world experience of it.

Don't think I'd ever be able to trust loose airflow restrictors, it'd always be in the back of my mind. Regulated mod, no big deal, but if it comes loose when you're away from home and your tools...

I was looking forward to this as I initially planned to get the insider clone v1 for mtl when I bought my billet.

Will have to wait on more feedback before I make up my mind.

Don't think I'd ever be able to trust loose airflow restrictors, it'd always be in the back of my mind. Regulated mod, no big deal, but if it comes loose when you're away from home and your tools...

I was looking forward to this as I initially planned to get the insider clone v1 for mtl when I bought my billet.

Will have to wait on more feedback before I make up my mind.

The airflow inserts are close to 4mm tall so it's unlikely they would get totally dislodged, at worse they would end up stopping when they hit the coil... Since we tend to vape with the device fairly upright I doubt the insert would stay sitting against the coil while it's in use...

If you were concerned about it you could just make a small dent in the side of the insert so it jams in the hole, give it a light squeeze with side cutters or such, if you don't go overboard with the damage it shouldn't be an issue to pry the insert up with a small screwdriver if you ever need to change them...

Has reached UK and it looks like it has cleared customs. Might even get it tomorrow
Happy days @rew
I have 3 orders out there somewhere which were all dispatched within a day or two of each other. Different vendors and different shipping options so it should be interesting to see who is fastest. My money is on Heaven Gifts followed by 3fvape and FT last. :D

Have been using my Insider for a few days. Am pleased to say the deck screws are not cutting the wire when tightened. Build quality seems pretty good. Not had any issues with the inserts becoming displaced also.
I have stuck to using the middle sized chimney and I would say this works really well for MTL. Have tried 2 of the inserts. The 2 hole one I couldn't get on with. For me this caused too much turbulence and could not get a smooth draw. Have switched to 1 hole insert and the draw is smooth and tight. I have not used the airflow adjustment wheel thingy as I don't really like them in general.
Setting up is a bit more fiddly than the Vapeshell. Coil position needs to be just right and it needs to be wicked dry when you screw the chamber on.
Flavour is decent, but wouldn't say it's any better than Vapeshell for me. Will report back some more when I've had more time with it.

@rew do you use reducers in your vapeshell? If so how does this new insider compare? I considered getting one, but then I remembered how excellent the shell is and that this will likely not be better than it.

@rew do you use reducers in your vapeshell? If so how does this new insider compare? I considered getting one, but then I remembered how excellent the shell is and that this will likely not be better than it.

I use 1.2 mm reducer in Vapeshell. TBH the Insider V2 is no better IMO

Cheers @rew , good to know.

I’m usually on the 1mm in the vapeshell but sometimes I crack out rhe 1.2 when I’m feeling free and easy.

I do think I would prefer the exocet to the vapeshell if it came with airflow reducers, though. Which made me think I should pick up this other new one that’s out. But I think I probably won’t.

Back
Top Bottom