What's new

tank leak help

Alzeeb

Postman
Hi folks, I'm having an issue with leaks in my thunderhead tauren one tank. it seems to be leaking through the air holes on the build deck, seeping between the airflow ring and the bottom of the tank, to between the tank and mod. sometimes there's also enough for it to flow through the air intake.
images

my coil sits right in the middle and quite low. would I maybe be better setting the coil a bit higher?
other coil suggestions are welcome, as I will probably be getting another one or two eventually
TIA

I'm new to rebuildable coils and had leak problems.

Cured by using more cotton.

Like @Fazz711 says, first thing to try is more cotton. And making sure that none of the cotton is dangling over and dripping into any of the holes underneath the coil.

You could take the build out next time you get a leak and see what might be causing juice to go in thorugh those undercoil holes.

A low coil can cause issue's. If it gets saturated the juice can make contact with the airflow and it wicks straight out.
Definitely worth lifting a tad.

thanks folks, will give both a bash. @Fazz711 by more cotton, do you mean to cut the strip a bit thicker?

Went ahead and bought another couple of RTA's that I found on offer last night:oops:

thanks folks, will give both a bash. @Fazz711 by more cotton, do you mean to cut the strip a bit thicker?

Went ahead and bought another couple of RTA's that I found on offer last night:oops:
Hi my problem was not cutting them long enough.
Seems if you make them to thick you risk dry hits as the cotton won't wick.

I made the cuts a couple of mm longer and this helped.
Only had very slight leak so next one a couple of mm and now get it right most times.

Seems like a bit of a dark art but you will get there.

If your struggling with Cotton Thickness i gather your maybe using Muji or similar pads. I would try Vapefly Firebolt Cotton, the are Cotton Laces and should help on your Wicking Journey.

I've only been at it a week, so still playing about a bit with things. will get there in the end

If the underside of the cotton where it enters the wick holes touches the deck on the tauren one it will leak so you need to get something thin under the cotton and lift it off so it's not touching as @eyeball kid has eluded to above.

I made a new coil and sat it bit higher, still seemed to give a bit of leakage at first but less than before, and since I cleaned it no leakage, so seems to have done the trick.

new tanks arrive tomorrow, so will have a play with one at least over the weekend no doubt

Back
Top Bottom