What's new

Taste 50ml omg plus Dr Salt shot vs 10ml 3mg pre mixed

If it's not marked as shortfill in an oversized bottle it wont be over flavoured to account for 20% of zero flavour juice being added.

I simply assumed purchasing 50ml 0mg and adding 18mg 10ml shot would be fool proof? The more I read the more I see it's not as straight forward as that. Am I wrong?

As previously stated I'd look a regular nic shots. Look for a quality nic shot and try to match the vg/pg ratio overall to the original.
The nic salts juices I've tried before do taste slightly different to there regular nic counterparts.

Cheers buddy guess it's trial and error and a cupboard full of unwanted juices Struggling to hide it all from wife... Keep telling her you cannot put a price on health plus I'm not smoking anymore, havent touched one since I started vaping.

I normally use 20mg nicotine salt ‘shots’ with short fills and don’t find any difference in flavour. Just feel like I get more of a satisfied nic hit abit quicker. I was a massive fan of French dude pre TPD but after vaping litres of the stuff I got sick of it. Recently got a short fill bottle and even after 2 weeks of steeping it still doesn’t taste like it used to. Might be me as taste is very subjective but I’ve found a lot of my old pre TPD favourites which are available in short fills do not taste like they used to!

Cheers for the response buddy. My successes So far in flavour hunting comes from 10ml bottles. Only started taking the risk on 50ml and 100ml recently and have had no success just yet.

I simply assumed purchasing 50ml 0mg and adding 18mg 10ml shot would be fool proof? The more I read the more I see it's not as straight forward as that. Am I wrong?
If the bottle isnt labelled as "shortfill" it's unlikely to be over flavoured to allow another 10ml being added & not affecting the flavour strength. Without seeing the product it's hard for me to say this is the case but it does seem more plausible.

If the bottle isnt labelled as "shortfill" it's unlikely to be over flavoured to allow another 10ml being added & not affecting the flavour strength. Without seeing the product it's hard for me to say this is the case but it does seem more plausible.

Bottle is labelled short fill! I've got another bottle through the post that I haven't mixed and even without the nic shot it smells completely different from the shop bought 10ml 3mg. I think it's simply a case of different mix/recipie. Such a shame as it's unlikely that no matter what I add it will never taste like the smaller pre mixed bottles . Thank you all for responses you have educated me.

Pabs

If it's a shortfill it should only be over flavoured enough to allow the 10ml dilution. Could be the 10ml bottles you have been getting are steeped longer, hence the difference in flavour. If it's a custard/dessert/cake flavour it may need steeping longer (2/4 weeks at least) before it tastes anywhere near the small bottles. A couple of shortfills I've had are crap straight away but improve with a week or 3 in a cupboard.

Nic salt will definitely affect the flavour, because it doesn’t have much of the nicotine flavour you get with the regular stuff or as much throat hit or harshness. Also if you are letting it sit after mixing it (steeping) my experience with salt nic is that it definitely doesn’t work the same as regular nic. It changes colour noticeably less and takes longer for flavour to develop. I have 2 bottles of the same liquid here mixed on Saturday one with salt and one regular and they look very different from each other.

Personally i would think at 3mg salt nic might be a bit pointless, especially if it costs more. The advantage of it is smoothness at high strengths. But I might be wrong, maybe here is a reason to do this that I don’t know about.

These are both capella vanilla custard v1, mixed at 10 % on Saturday morning at 12mg. The only difference between them is that the one on the left has 12mg salt nic and the one on the right has regular nic.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Nic salt will definitely affect the flavour, because it doesn’t have much of the nicotine flavour you get with the regular stuff or as much throat hit or harshness. Also if you are letting it sit after mixing it (steeping) my experience with salt nic is that it definitely doesn’t work the same as regular nic. It changes colour noticeably less and takes longer for flavour to develop. I have 2 bottles of the same liquid here mixed on Saturday one with salt and one regular and they look very different from each other.

Personally i would think at 3mg salt nic might be a bit pointless, especially if it costs more. The advantage of it is smoothness at high strengths. But I might be wrong, maybe here is a reason to do this that I don’t know about.

Thank you for your time

If it's a shortfill it should only be over flavoured enough to allow the 10ml dilution. Could be the 10ml bottles you have been getting are steeped longer, hence the difference in flavour. If it's a custard/dessert/cake flavour it may need steeping longer (2/4 weeks at least) before it tastes anywhere near the small bottles. A couple of shortfills I've had are crap straight away but improve with a week or 3 in a cupboard.

Not sure whether waiting is going to change the funky flavour of this juice.
When I took it to my local vape shop they are under the impression that it is not a legit juice. Packaging is different and it's missing basic info Such as batch number and expired date?

Should I be worried? I purchased from vapeclub and I have been using them for a while and they have never let me down.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom