What's new

Temp control vaping

Interesting thread, but even after everyone's input I'm still none the wiser about temperature controlled vaping.
The only thing that I have gleaned is that although TC vaping allows you to set, and use, a desired temperature, it's still restricted to the temperature parameters of the "chip" and can not be used above, or below, the max/min settings available.
So, on that score, the big question for me is who, how, and for what reasons, the temperature control chips are made with their particular minimum/maximums?
For example - min = 300F max = 600F (on some models) Why 300F and 600F? Why not more or less? Who and why, in their infinite wisdom, decided on the magic numbers?
Yes, I'm a numpty with regard to TC vaping and what I know will easily fit onto the back of a postage stamp but, so far, all I can see is that using TC may compensate for a shite ability to build a decent coil and wick, and the main reason TC is available is simply because it's possible.
With regard to the oft quoted "TC prevents dry hits" it's beyond me how anybody suffers from dry hits anyway but, if they are, then there's a load more aspects to look at before deciding to use temperature to fix it.

I think you're missing the point - it's not available simply because it's possible . It's available because the guys at DNA wanted the control for safety. And then the Chinese followed suit and improved upon it. And the logic behind the temperature range is pretty simple..

It's known that if the coil is not hot enough then you won't be vaporising the juice properly and thus you want be aerosolising the nicotine sufficiently meaning you don't get a satisfactory hit and the side effect would be you'd be sucking on it constantly in order to get a decent NIC hit. Something I personally see my brother doing because he blatantly refuses to up his wattage on normal Kanthal for fear of boiling his juice and creating nasties - yet refuses to try TC?!

It's also known that at a specific temp range then glycerine will start to produce Acreolin - which is not a carcinogen but it still isn't a nice person to play with perse. So the ranges are there to ensure safe vaporisation of the core components.

there's also the benefitof not cooking your flavour components too and ensuring that as little by products from them are created as possible. - Remember everything can degrade into something else when it reaches specific temperatures.

Case in point lots of people fry with Olive oil - they shouldn't - with relatively modest heat Olive Oil denatures into nasty components.

Cotton depending on the quality will tend to char at approx 430F or so - so the upper limit of 600F on most devices is not for the cotton's benefit but to ensure that you do not create too much acreolin if you venture in that territory - cos there's enough range there for you to indeed burn the cotton if your wicking isn't quite right.

So in short it's not a gimmick in order to sell new products - it's a step forward.

Back
Top Bottom