What's new

Review TGV Reviews The Drippa Subscription Box

I recently ran a Battle Of The UK E-Liquid Subscription Boxes review here, in which I pitched two players on the UK e-liquid sub box scene against each other.

Dan at Drippa got in touch with me on Twitter after the sub box faceoff, somewhat aggrieved that Drippa hadn't been included, "Ahem - think you missed the best one." was his first contact! He was pretty certain that Drippa would have taken the crown, so we agreed that he would send me a box over for review.

Firstly, top marks to Drippa for having a very slick and attractive user interface when ordering. the website is a pleasure to use and responsive across different devices too. Once you've logged in, the first page you see is a new feature at Drppa - the "Preferences" section where you can opt out from the following flavour profiles: Tobaccos; Menthols & Mints, Aniseeds & Cinnamons, Desserts & Candies or Fruits. I opted out from receiving Menthols & Mints and Aniseeds & Cinnamons - which is fine, but I like cinnamon, these two spices aren't really in the same flavour profile.It doesn't necessarily follow that if you don't like aniseed you won't like cinnamon. I'm pleased to say I received none of the flavours I opted out from, but I got no tobacco e-liquids which is a shame and my selection was fruit heavy. A little more fine tuning here wouldn't go amiss.

One thing I'd really love to see on the Drippa site is an e-liquid encyclopedia which details each bottle sent, or a small leaflet like you get with MySizzleBox. I want to know what VG/PG ratios are in the bottle without having to find the info myself. Where I can get bottles in the future if I wish to purchase more. It's a small thing, but it would be very helpful.

Sub boxes have really taken hold in the UK now, but are there too many on the scene? Is the sub box market here sustainable for three, four or more companies? Time will tell. Quality of product will be paramount for any company willing to put up a fight in a crowded market.

So, let's first have a look at the deal, then we'll get into the e-liquids themselves.

What's the deal? For £30.00 including postage and packing, once per month Drippa will send you, "The very best e-liquids from around the world."

The Drippa gourmet e-liquid selection box contains at least five different flavours and 70ml of juice each month, and is beautifully packaged in a very sturdy cylindrical tube. Receiving the tube is like opening up a vapers birthday present - it's very slick, very tough and very professional looking. The packaging is wonderful, however, it won't fit through your letterbox, so if you're not in for the delivery you'll get a red card from Royal Mail and have to go to the parcel office to collect it.

Drippa offers free postage anywhere in Europe.

Drippa, "Want you to be happy" so they offer a "Risk Free Money Back Guarantee", If you receive your Drippa box and don't like what you see you can send it back and Drippa will refund your money.

You can cancel the subscription at any time. If you don't cancel the boxes will keep on coming.

Drippa offer members exclusive discount offers and coupons. I received two discount vouchers for 10% at Herbal Tides and Decadent Vapours.

What's in the box? As with all subscription boxes this changes every month. Drippa send you e-liquids from around the world - you'll see brands such as Digbys, T-Juice, Nicoticket, Halcyon Haze, Kraken, Witchcraft, etc. You know the drill.

How much will I save? Not huge amounts. If you regularly buy gourmet e-liquids at around £5.00 for 10mls Drippa works out at approximately £4.29 per 10mls. You will save more money on postage though.

Where can I buy one? Right, here.

Many thanks to Dan for sending the March sub box over to me at a 6mg nicotine strength.

Onto the e-liquids themselves then...

Twinkie from Witchcraft:

Twinkies are everything I despise in pre-packaged, processed food. A glowing yellow tumour of an aberration. A chemical death bomb of a "cake". It made me happy to find out that in 2012 Hostess, the manufacturer of Twinkies went bankrupt. For some reason though, they were missed in the USA and came back for sale in 2013. You may have gathered by now that I hate Twinkies, so imagine my shock, horror and self-disgust when I first vaped this and found it reasonably enjoyable! It is the traditional Twinkie flavour, but not so sweet, not so false. If you like Custard Cream biscuits then you'll probably enjoy Twinky from Witchcraft. Almost a custard, but not quite - it's vanilla and cream heavy with a mild cake flavour in the background. Twinky is a 60VG/40PG blend and gives decent vapour trails. I lowered my nicotine to 6mg recently, so the throat hit with Twinkie is minimal - but that's become less and less important to me as time has progressed. I liked Twinky - there I said it. Now, I'll exit stage left for some self-flagellation.

Elysium from Witchcraft:

I had high hopes for Elysium following my mystifying desire for more and more Twinkie. Imagine my dismay to find it well, quite awful unfortunately. It's an indiscriminate mess of an indescribable fruit flavour with some very mild bakery, cakey undertones - and my God is it sweet. I'm just glad the flavour wasn't any stronger or my gag reflex may have kicked in. I searched the internet looking for a flavour description as it annoyed me I couldn't put my finger on it and I came across this: "Before the creation of this flavour, Elysium was the place where heroic, righteous and godlike mortals went after life to live happily blessed - after making this juice the Witchdoctor broke the rules, and you could just vape the peachy happiness all day if you want. It's like a cake from heaven with a fruity entrance to the perfection itself, leaving a smile on the face of even the grumpiest person." I can be and frequently am the grumpiest person. Did it leave a smile on my face? Elysium did not, but that description had me laughing. Peach, eh? Elysium from Witchcraft is another 60VG/40PG mix. The word Elysium is defined as 'A place or state of perfect happiness'. I'm not sure Witchcraft read a dictionary this time.

More here >>>>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom