What's new

The Dovpo x Vaping Bogan BLOTTO RTA

Nevyn

Postman
The Dovpo x Vaping Bogan BLOTTO RTA

Received my new tank from ecigone on Sunday. I was quite eager to get this tank up and running.

Packaging.
As you can see standard packaging with the usual contents apart from a very nifty bottle opener.

I stripped the Blotto down as far as I could and put it through the ultrasonic cleaner. It strips down pretty well and I had no problems.

The Deck
As you can see from the photo the deck is built to house two coils. There are two airflow towers that direct airflow from top, side and below. There is not a lot of room especially for big hefty coils. The posts for taking the coils are at an angle. This makes fitting the coils a wee bit tricky however after a few goes I had it sorted. I clipped the legs of the two coils to 4.5mm, this seemed to give enough room between coils. As you can see the coils read 0.30ohms.

Wicking the tank I used Japanese cotton. I teased it out so that the tails were about 50% of the original cotton thickness. I then combed the two wicks on each side together and then cut them so they appear looking vertically down onto the build deck as a dull arrowhead. I do this with all my wicking and it seems to be the best method (well for me anyway). I left the arrowhead of my wick come below the porthole level into the well of the deck but not touching the bottom of the well.

I gave the wicks, coils a good soaking in my home mixed 75vg/25pg Dawn Slush liquid. I don’t use nicotine.

I rebuilt the tank filled to half full and gave it ten minutes to soak. I paired it with a Vaporesso Revenger X mod.

The Smoke
I started off at 30w and half open airflow. Good but nothing special. I then slowly cranked it up to it’s current level of 70w. Above sixty watt it really started delivering on flavour and clouds.

Two Days Later
Today I started having leakage issues when I filled the tank full. It wasn’t pouring out but a slow steady leakage (ok Bourdain’s quote in my head here, for those who don’t know he had a fixation with anal leakage).

My plan tonight is to strip down the tank and try a slightly different wicking.

So my overall view, leakage apart. I have a number of rta’s including Geekvapes Zeus and Zeus X, Wotofo’s Serpent SMM, Steam Crave’s Aromatizer V2. The flavour from this rates for me about 8/10 in the upper end of my other tanks. Cloud value again I would have to put it 8/10. This tank will not go into the box marked ‘Rejects’ or ‘To be investigated more thoroughly at later date.’

As always Ecigone allowing for Covid issues quick and efficient.

Well folks that’s my view of the Dovpo x Vaping Bogan BLOTTO RTA.

Some people will agree with me, some will not and some will think I am a numpty.

Attachments

• D19D6BBC-32A8-46FC-8ECB-57A9635E408C.jpg
    D19D6BBC-32A8-46FC-8ECB-57A9635E408C.jpg
    884.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7130.jpeg
    IMG_7130.jpeg
    656.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7128.jpeg
    IMG_7128.jpeg
    742.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7125.jpeg
    IMG_7125.jpeg
    564.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7121.jpeg
    IMG_7121.jpeg
    628.5 KB · Views: 48
I found that after I fill the tank if you then turn it upside down and open the air holes and give a few seconds it helps equalise the vacuum and prevents it leaking.

I'm using Cotton Bacon Prime with pre-made framed staples and they're working really well. Really happy with the amount of flavour I'm getting.

I found that after I fill the tank if you then turn it upside down and open the air holes and give a few seconds it helps equalise the vacuum and prevents it leaking.

I'm using Cotton Bacon Prime with pre-made framed staples and they're working really well. Really happy with the amount of flavour I'm getting.

Will give that a try. Thanks for the tip.

The Blotto is the only RBA I've ever used. I'm not one for collecting lots of tanks and mods but rather I look for which one seems to be coming up as the most recommended and then I figure out how to try and get the best from it.

I also rather stick to pre-made coils which I trim at 5mm. I'm finding though that by pushing the coils as far as I can towards the posts without touching to make the gap between the coils as wide as I can that seems to work really well with flavour production.

Also I try to go just a fraction loose with the amount of cotton I'm threading through the coil to allow more room between the fibres for the juice to wick well and allow for expansion of the cotton once it's juiced up.

I have two tanks on the go both using a pair of 3mm coils with a different flavour in each. One pair is 0.1ohm that I'm vaping at 66W and the other pair is 0.14ohm which I vaping at 56W and both of them are producting beautiful flavour right now.

The Blotto is the only RBA I've ever used. I'm not one for collecting lots of tanks and mods but rather I look for which one seems to be coming up as the most recommended and then I figure out how to try and get the best from it.

I also rather stick to pre-made coils which I trim at 5mm. I'm finding though that by pushing the coils as far as I can towards the posts without touching to make the gap between the coils as wide as I can that seems to work really well with flavour production.

Also I try to go just a fraction loose with the amount of cotton I'm threading through the coil to allow more room between the fibres for the juice to wick well and allow for expansion of the cotton once it's juiced up.

I have two tanks on the go both using a pair of 3mm coils with a different flavour in each. One pair is 0.1ohm that I'm vaping at 66W and the other pair is 0.14ohm which I vaping at 56W and both of them are producting beautiful flavour right now.

Well folks last night I rewicked my Blotto following the advice from kind members and now it is perfect. Not a hint of leakage. It is giving cracking flavours and cracking clouds. Could not be happier.

Well folks last night I rewicked my Blotto following the advice from kind members and now it is perfect. Not a hint of leakage. It is giving cracking flavours and cracking clouds. Could not be happier.

That's great to hear. :)
I'm also loving my vape right now with my Blotto tanks so I don't feel the need to try any other RBA's.

Back
Top Bottom