What's new

The MTL all things pods and aio thread.

Defeats the point of me using these devices though. My only reason for buying them is so I don’t have to worry about rebuilding.

I don’t worry about rebuilding. It takes a couple of minutes and needs done at most once a week. Having two on the go they can need attention after 3 weeks or longer. Not that much more hassle than changing a premade coil, yet much better and significantly cheaper.

I don’t worry about rebuilding. It takes a couple of minutes and needs done at most once a week. Having two on the go they can need attention after 3 weeks or longer. Not that much more hassle than changing a premade coil, yet much better and significantly cheaper.
No you’re missing my point. I rebuild all the time and it’s not a problem. However, as all I use is the billet, (which as you know isn’t the easiest to sort “on the go”), it makes it impractical to take when I’m away getting silly or on a long trip where the last thing I want to do is rebuild when I’m drunk or sharing a travelodge with a farting friend. Also for weekends away I can’t take rebuilding gear in my hand luggage as airports don’t like metal pointy things in the cabin. For longer breaks I could pack it in the suitcase but if I have something which is decent enough then I’d rather take a few stock coils and juice rather than all the paraphernalia.

Sometimes 'better' can be a subjective thing.

I never liked stock coils at all, rebuild from the word go. The few times I tried a stocker I disliked it.

However, since switching to unflavoured juice I've been progressively going off rebuildables, in all honesty I haven't used one since before xmas.

The couple of months previous to that with rebuildables was spent trying different builds in a vain attempt to replicate what I get from the aspire BVC 1.6 in a spryte and never being happy with them...

I may have another go with the tanks I have at some point (because I like the idea and love the lack of cost), but I'm almost at the stage of giving up on them and sticking with what is currently working best for me.

No you’re missing my point. I rebuild all the time and it’s not a problem. However, as all I use is the billet, (which as you know isn’t the easiest to sort “on the go”), it makes it impractical to take when I’m away getting silly or on a long trip where the last thing I want to do is rebuild when I’m drunk or sharing a travelodge with a farting friend. Also for weekends away I can’t take rebuilding gear in my hand luggage as airports don’t like metal pointy things in the cabin. For longer breaks I could pack it in the suitcase but if I have something which is decent enough then I’d rather take a few stock coils and juice rather than all the paraphernalia.

Interesting, I don’t think I’ve ever had to rebuild a device unexpectedly. Usually on a two week holiday I’ll take two devices with new builds in them and no tools or materials. There has never been a problem apart from once when the 510 pin on an sxk kayfun 5 mini worked a
bit loose and needed tightened (so used a butter knife to fix it). Maybe I’m a bit of a will o the wisp, throw caution to the wind type of a guy.

Has anybody else had slight weeping using the zeta aio 0.5 coil? It's nothing major & could just be condensation.
IMG_20200131_151927.jpeg

I haven't but I am mtl with the airflow almost closed. I see that you have it fully open, presumably dtl, so it could be related to that.

yes its dtl & wide open, im just going put it down to condensation & give it the odd quick wipe..

Not had a drop from either coil. In a few weeks I’ve had about 5 tiny spots of condensation behind the pod

i vape mtl and do get a drop formed on the back plate just where the af ring is. got used to open and wipe once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom