What's new

Tight chest/ breathlessness

It's more just pondering really :D ... everyone is different which makes it difficult.

I definitely remember thinking that smoking helped me breath easier though, I don't know if that's part of a physical dependence we have as a long term smokers, or just a psychological/psychosomatic effect though.
I know what you mean just don't know why none of my mates has it with the same strength nicotine, but we are all different.

It's more just pondering really :D ... everyone is different which makes it difficult.

I definitely remember thinking that smoking helped me breath easier though, I don't know if that's part of a physical dependence we have as a long term smokers, or just a psychological/psychosomatic effect though.

I’d agree with this. I think this where the term ‘gasping’ for a fag came from, if that’s not a common thing everywhere and just was from where I grew up it means we really needed a smoke.

But I remember feeling breathless until I’d started to smoke the cigarette and then I was ok. I think it probably is mostly psychological but there’s definitely some physical element there too.

I had a tight chest when I was coming off cigarettes onto vaping that took a good while to go and I was on 18mg in a Kanger Evod when I started. Like a constant ‘gasping’ sensation which took a fair few months to pass. I just put it down to it being part of the craving and/or the dependency. I was a very heavy smoker though.

I don’t think it’s anything to worry about too much unless it’s accompanied by other red flags. Just your body coming off it, but I’d try to stop dual fuelling if you can as it does sound as if that may be part of the problem. Easier said than done mind.

I know what you mean just don't know why none of my mates has it with the same strength nicotine, but we are all different.

I don't think it's the nicotine... well not the strength anyway, they sell 50mg liquid in the US, our 20mg limit already makes it harder for some heavy smokers to switch.

How many rollies are you trying to replace with 1ml of e-liquid?

It's sounds odd but maybe you aren't getting enough nicotine and that could be something to do with it? It might be why you are 'dual fuelling' too, when I switched to vaping I was vaping about 5 or 6 ml a day of 12mg (from around 30 rollies) .. and that was tough for the first couple of weeks, but it did stop my cravings to smoke.

I’d agree with this. I think this where the term ‘gasping’ for a fag came from, if that’s not a common thing everywhere and just was from where I grew up it means we really needed a smoke.

But I remember feeling breathless until I’d started to smoke the cigarette and then I was ok. I think it probably is mostly psychological but there’s definitely some physical element there too.

Yeah we say that down here too, never thought about it in that way before though.

Defo worth trying a different flavour and liquid brand though, there are some flavourings that don't agree with some people.

Defo worth trying a different flavour and liquid brand though, there are some flavourings that don't agree with some people.

Further to that is could be a PG allergy. That’s not overly uncommon. I’d guess at 18mg it’s a fairly high PG percentage.

You can readily get high VG juice, but you’d then be restricted on what you could Vape it in as it doesn’t sit well with a lot of devices due to its viscosity.

Gasping for a fag, for me, meant gasping for nicotine. I'd up my nic intake, by vaping more, as the solution, for you @Dst26

Cant see anything than worse than smoking, when I coughed and spluttered, got a tight chest or whatever when I first started vaping, I'd just vape through it, regardless. Cant be as bad as 60-80 gv roll ups a day, ffs.

It’s definitely a weird one. I remember feeling as if I could breath again too once I’d lit up. Really strange.

yup, me too ... it's really fucked up, I felt like that all the way up until I collapsed just trying to walk across the lounge and got rushed into hospital where I was on oxygen for 3 days. :D

I still didn't give up for another 10 years though. :19:

yup, me too ... it's really fucked up, I felt like that all the way up until I collapsed just trying to walk across the lounge and got rushed into hospital where I was on oxygen for 3 days. :D

I still didn't give up for another 10 years though. :19:

Rebel. [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom