What's new

Top Fill For Doggystyle

They’re thin on the ground now mate, I think @StrawberryRipple got a black one from somewhere recently.
I’ve got a few but I’m hanging on to them because I’ve always got at least one on the go.
I gave @MTLMike a brand new one a while back, not sure how he got on with it, he might pass it on.
Indeed you did, which I really appreciate as I know they aren't easy to come by these days. I haven't had much luck with it to be honest, been meaning to message you for wicking tips but kept forgetting. (My toddler is breaking my brain, I swear to god.) The True has become my daily/go to tank so I don't mind sending it back to you like we agreed or passing it on, that's entirely up to you mate. :)

Last edited:
I'm looking at six active SXK 2k16's on my desk. Like most of us I've tried so many tanks over the years, but the 2k16 is still top dog for me. The recent Ripley RDTA finally has the Doggystyle beaten on flavour IMO (but in order to achieve that the Ripleys coil sits so high with no chimney that it spits hot juice on your tongue a lot, which along with a load of other annoyances makes it a non starter for me).

For building the Doggy I'd suggest a 2mm coil and get it as low as you dare to the deck - I use simple 28awg Kanthal, 8 wraps, 1.2ohm. Wick it slightly snug (not too tight), less is more with the Doggy. Snip off excess and then slap the tails with the scissors a few times to loosen them up a bit, no combing/fluffing required. Saturate the wick as usual and then drop the wet tails into the wick channels. Snip the wick tails at the end of the wick channels, don't tuck the excess under the deck - this will help prevent any excess wick getting snagged (and pulled) when you screw on the tank, and also stop bleed through from the wick to the juice tank. Dab a little juice on the main O-ring before you screw on the tank, same with the AFC O-ring before you put the AFC ring back on.

Now, one final thing that I usually do that I don't normally mention (but should) is that before I vape on it I open the AFC fully, attach the drip tip and flip the tank upside down and with tissue in hand (covering the AFC hole) I blow hard through the driptip into the tank and blow out any excess juice through the AFC hole into the tissue. This removes any chance of gurgling whatsoever and is something inherited from bottom full Kayfuns back in the day.

Trick with the doggy IMO is that the air flow is controlled within just 3%-5% of the AFC ring being open, anything beyond that and it is just DTL full on open. It's fiddly and annoying at first to dial in and is the one and only major failure of the Doggy, but it can be quickly mastered.

If you offered me 10 authentic latest Kayfuns or one SXK Doggystyle 2k16 I'd take the Doggy in a heartbeat. I mean that too, I'm not just saying it. Good luck with it.

That black (blackboard paint) and gold is a bit hideous though. Why don't they still do the silver :(
Chances are they don't make either anymore but a lot of people feel the same way about the Black/Gold one as you do so apart from maybe ordering them for spares or to replace the chimney with a Stainless Steel one, they haven't sold as well so there's more of them floating about.

They have the original SXK in SS on Ali but minimum order of 100 units.
I really like the SXK 2K18’s with the 2K16 deck in, exactly the same vape as the original but with top fill, unfortunately it’s the same story with them now no stock anywhere.
Took a punt on a Coolvape 2K18 from Ali for £7 hoping the deck will swap out, we’ll see.
I’ve got plenty of spares for both if it helps anyone.
I’m with @binary, it’s my favourite ever tank, I’ve got other tanks I like but the Doggy is the one I’d choose if I could only have one.
Be nice if Animodz did a run of the original 2K16, I’d buy one tomorrow.
PM’d you @MTLMike

Actually it's just the bottom ss ring I need for both 2k16 and 2k18 as at some point I mixed up the YFTK ones with the SXK ones and when I did a clear out got rid of the wrong one so now the airflow is way to airy. I have loads of tank replacements

Actually it's just the bottom ss ring I need for both 2k16 and 2k18 as at some point I mixed up the YFTK ones with the SXK ones and when I did a clear out got rid of the wrong one so now the airflow is way to airy. I have loads of tank replacements

I can sort you with a 2k16 ring but I haven’t got a spare for a 2k18, pm me mate.

You got the SXK one? What's the condition like? I might be willing to make that trade...

Yup, its the SXK one afair, there's also some spare plastic tank sections somewhere in here. Looks unblemished to me, hardly used it as I hated the cyclops airflow.

Back
Top Bottom