What's new

Totally wicked court case results.

Having had my legal eagle look at this from a corporate law stance, her opinion is that the TPD will be fully implemented, that the TW case will be judged as unsubstantiated and that a full ban will be enforced by May 2016. There is no right of appeal or alteration. A Brexit would not have any effect on the implementation. So say goodbye to vaping as we know it; pessimisticly it could lead the end of ecigs entirely as big companies slowly but steadily reduce funding and development.

Oh well, we can but celebrate the fact that we were part of the golden age of vaping. We will survive this. The worst affected will be vape suppliers and all the smokers who have yet to switch.
For the vape suppliers there's a business transformation to manage, there are ways and means around the TPD. I'm sure the smart ones will already be planning this because they've seen it coming. The businesses who were only in it for a quick buck will find something else to trade.

Oh well, we can but celebrate the fact that we were part of the golden age of vaping. We will survive this. The worst affected will be vape suppliers and all the smokers who have yet to switch.
For the vape suppliers there's a business transformation to manage, there are ways and means around the TPD. I'm sure the smart ones will already be planning this because they've seen it coming. The businesses who were only in it for a quick buck will find something else to trade.
yep, if they think it will stop us vaping anythging except tobacco company devices they are delusional.

The apathy and ignorant belligerence on some FB groups is staggering. Folks saying in response to TPD updates things like (paraphrased) 'until someone shows me the law that says I can't buy the gear I'm buying now I won't believe it' and 'it's all imaginary scenarios, stop spreading this shit'

Too many heads still in their buckets ... those are the chunts who couldn't be arsed to sign a petition

The apathy and ignorant belligerence on some FB groups is staggering. Folks saying in response to TPD updates things like (paraphrased) 'until someone shows me the law that says I can't buy the gear I'm buying now I won't believe it' and 'it's all imaginary scenarios, stop spreading this shit'
That's pathetic. Bunch of fkn sheeple. Then again, it doesn't help when there are vape ads on TV which don't advertise the TPD ban. I'm sure they will be happy with a low power vape pen with expensive cartridges so what do they care,

More depressing shit. I'm stockpiled, it's the ones that could have benefited from vaping and won't get the chance I feel sorry for.

At pain of being shot, I am coming around to thinking that TPD once it has come into being is not going to change my vaping in any way whatsoever. You may all think I am blindfolded in face of the colossus of TPD and what appear to be draconian regulations. Only time will tell I guess. However I do have a smidgen of rationale to my thinking. I'm not talking the mom and pop B&M stores up and down the country, they will take a monstrous hit. I'm not even talking about the many internet stores. Yup they too will take a hit. I'm just being purely selfish and thinking about myself. How am I going to be affected short and long term. The short answer is, hardly any or not even in the slightest. And I think that will also apply to many on here. The man's a nutter, of course vaping is going to change beyond all recognition come 20 May, I can hear people shouting.

So why the illogical optimism? The rules as they are written is the simple answer. In many respects they don't apply to me. Simple. Let's break this down a bit. I make my own juice, I bottle it in my own, okay reused 10ml bottles. Is that going to change on 20 May? No. Go back a step. Aside from the fact that my freezer is full of 72mg nicotine juice, I will be quite surprised if I can't purchase 500ml plus of 72mg nicotine liquid after 20 May. Nowhere in the new regulations does it say purchasing 500ml of 72mg strength nicotine will be illegal. If you don't believe me go read the proposed rules, then read them again, and you may understand my thinking. As I said, just incase I'm wrong, I have 2lt of nic in the freezer, just in case. Next, my atomiser. Clearly nothing in the rules prevents me from using any of my current equipment. I purchase ready made coils on the whole, mainly because my limited coiling abilities are shit. So where does it say in the rules coil heads are illegal to purchase? It doesn't, so I fully expect to have an ongoing supply. What about the newfangled all singing and dancing atty, that I must have? Again no problem. Where does it say I can't purchase a new fangled breath freshener? This is the only tricky one, but if nothing else we are inventive. The mod. Basically a battery or designed to contain a battery. Again with a little imagination no problem getting hold of them.

So all in all, in a totally selfish manner I can say I'm alright Jack, so piss off you ignorant self serving bigots from the DoH and EU.

To be expected but will still wait for the final result. I don't buy that it's the EU's fault or Nanny state. Its just money and economics straight up. Mr Osborne, Cameron or Blair would be extremely happy with this decision rather than it being a case of Corrupt EU only. Anyway we shall wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom