What's new

Tsunami mech problem

Danny1984

Initiate
Hi all,
Recently got a geek vape tsunami mech and have not had it working properly from the minute I got it.
It has the tsunami pro rda with it.
I put a 0.18 ohm build into it, put a brand new fully charged vtc5 in it, juiced it up and hit the fire button..... nothing!
Keep trying the fire button and it works/fires on the odd occasion if I push hard with my thumb!
Took the button off and tried to unwind the contact a bit, thinking it's not making contact with the battery properly, that made no difference :(
Also tried the 510 connection and hybrid, still the same
I feel like throwing it away right now.
Any ideas??
Dan

Have you stripped EVERYTHING down and given it all a good swab with, at the very least a daub of alcohol hand gel, or even better some metal polish?

Go watch Dean the Vaping Bikers video on the thing and see how he takes it apart, then do the same. Check for crap, dirt or other bits that shouldnae be there.
Swab with polish or some alcohol hand gel and if poss give a wee spray ( get the threads especially) with Contact Cleaner - not WD40!! - then put it all back.
Check that all scrwes/bolts are secure an shipshape, the 510 pin on the atty should also be checked and given a wee swab off.

Finally, unless you know fine well what you're doing with a mech, get a slightly higher resistance build in the dripper and see how that goes.

Thanks EmbraSewerRat, just went and bought some brasso metal polish, stripped it all down and gave it all a good clean. Works like a dream now. Can only assume some machine oil and general dirt were on the contacts.
Thanks again
Dan

Thanks EmbraSewerRat, just went and bought some brasso metal polish, stripped it all down and gave it all a good clean. Works like a dream now. Can only assume some machine oil and general dirt were on the contacts.
Thanks again
Dan

First rule with most vape kit - clean it when you get it home!!

More so with Mechs!

Glad it is working fine now. Just mind give it good swab once a week!

Back
Top Bottom