What's new

Ultrasonics. Part 2 (the tinfoil test)

philTBA

Achiever
This is a continuation of my other ultrasonic cleaners thread, but I wanted to keep it seperate for now, as I need some help. :) That bit will come later.

My new, VERY shiney ultrasonic arrived today. :D and I had TINFOIL !
It got some tepid water (2/3 tank) & a slosh ('about' 2-3 caps) and the heater set to 50 degrees c, the tepid water was 29c. About 10 minutes later the temp had risen to 45c, I turned the heater off at that, as 45c is quite toasty warm. The timer was set to 6 minutes, this is how the tinfoil looked when it went in.

6 minutes later, the tinfoil came out like this.

I think it's safe to say, my new ultrasonic is working as it should. :D

The Tinfoil Challenge.
This is where I need some help :) I didn't get a chance to try this with my old cleaner, so for comparison, grab your ultrasonic & a strip of tinfoil. Use your normal 'cocktail' in the cleaner, (NO, you CAN'T use acid ! lol) give the tinfoil 6 minutes and post your before & after pics. :D

** don't forget a pic of your cleaner**
(The ULTRASONIC, not the one who cleans up after you !)

Last edited:
This is a continuation of my other ultrasonic cleaners thread, but I wanted to keep it seperate for now, as I need some help. :) That bit will come later.

It got some tepid water (2/3 tank) & a slosh ('about' 2-3 caps) and the heater set to 50 degrees c, the tepid water was 29c. About 10 minutes later the temp had risen to 45c, I turned the heater off at that, as 45c is quite toasty warm. The timer was set to 6 minutes, this is how the tinfoil looked when it went in.

The Tinfoil Challenge.
This is where I need some help :) I didn't get a chance to try this with my old cleaner, so for comparison, grab your ultrasonic & a strip of tinfoil. Use your normal 'cocktail' in the cleaner, (NO, you CAN'T use acid ! lol) give the tinfoil 6 minutes and post your before & after pics. :D
Christ on a bike!!!

Well the tinfoil test is the classic one for ultrasonic cleaners ..... however, it looks like yours has been weaponised :D

Well the tinfoil test is the classic one for ultrasonic cleaners ..... however, it looks like yours has been weaponised :D

The listing did say it was comercial/professional grade, but I take things like that on eBay listings with a goodly pinch of salt. At best, I was expecting the foil to wrinkle a bit, and I'd have been happy with that. :) I had a quick look at the foil after 3 minutes, and genuinely laughed out loud, the cleaner had holed the foil in 3 minutes ! :D

The Tinfoil Challenge.

** don't forget a pic of your cleaner**
(The ULTRASONIC, not the one who cleans up after you !)

PMSL :D. Definitely a weapons grade cleaner you have there Phil without a doubt LMAO, that thing is bloody nuclear lol ;)..

You'll have to be careful what you put in that one lol. Put in the wrong thing and you'll never see it again FFS hehe, it'll be floating in microscopic pieces on the surface ;).

My cheapo James one did this with lukewarm water, 1 cap of James organic fluid and a 10 minute cycle, (I like to do the coin test as well, put in an absolutely minging 2 pence piece and see how they come out ;) ). It's not ever going to produce industrial results like yours ;). It's doing much better than me long soaking the kit in and hand scrubbing though. Exactly what I needed of it. Nice and clean with zero effort :D.

_20160924_160556.JPG

_20160924_161627.JPG

PMSL :D. Definitely a weapons grade cleaner you have there Phil without a doubt LMAO, that thing is bloody nuclear lol ;)..

You'll have to be careful what you put in that one lol. Put in the wrong thing and you'll never see it again FFS hehe, it'll be floating in microscopic pieces on the surface ;).

My cheapo James one did this with lukewarm water, 1 cap of James organic fluid and a 10 minute cycle, (I like to do the coin test as well, put in an absolutely minging 2 pence piece and see how they come out ;) ). It's not ever going to produce industrial results like yours ;). It's doing much better than me long soaking the kit in and hand scrubbing though. Exactly what I needed of it. Nice and clean with zero effort :D.

View attachment 104965
View attachment 104966

If it's doin that, it works, and that's what counts. :D More important, it prooves a 20-25 quid cleaner will do exactly what most vapers need, clean vape kit well, and make cleaning easy. :)
(and gain brownie points by cleaning the OHs jewellery lol)
I can see now, mine is just ever so slightly OTT for what I need. lol. I am a bit of a gadget freak, it was a decent price, and I'm a bit OCD about having the best I can afford. :D (hence 500 quids worth of lighting on the Jeep)
TBH, it's better than the cleaners we used in the dental labs, as none of the ones we used had heaters, and at that time, they cost 10-15 times as much as this one ! :D
The instructions recomend 40-60c, it's quite surprising how toasty 45c is when you dip 2 fingers in to lift something out ! lol

If it's doin that, it works, and that's what counts. :D More important, it prooves a 20-25 quid cleaner will do exactly what most vapers need, clean vape kit well, and make cleaning easy. :)
(and gain brownie points by cleaning the OHs jewellery lol)
I can see now, mine is just ever so slightly OTT for what I need. lol. I am a bit of a gadget freak, it was a decent price, and I'm a bit OCD about having the best I can afford. :D (hence 500 quids worth of lighting on the Jeep)
TBH, it's better than the cleaners we used in the dental labs, as none of the ones we used had heaters, and at that time, they cost 10-15 times as much as this one ! :D
The instructions recomend 40-60c, it's quite surprising how toasty 45c is when you dip 2 fingers in to lift something out ! lol
I saw you had a new ultrasonic in the postie thread, Phil. Got a link to it? I'll give the tinfoil test a go in a bit.

I saw you had a new ultrasonic in the postie thread, Phil. Got a link to it? I'll give the tinfoil test a go in a bit.

Same seller/cleaner, they only seem to have them on BIN (and added a fiver)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2L-Digita...908009?hash=item58dfbe3a69:g:AzoAAOSwRH5XKvZV

Or a slightly smaller version cleaner, (1.3L, mine is a 2L)different seller. Couple of quid more than mine, but BIN. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-3L-Ultr...964282?hash=item2ef364c97a:g:5CQAAOSwbsBXjdRY

Back
Top Bottom