What's new

Upgrading from a T22e - is an Innokin Coolfire Z80 a good choice for my requirements?

Thanks for all the responses!

The range of batteries I'm looking to choose 2 from (as I can get a 2 bay charger for £8 here as well) are listed on this page:

https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-batteries/18650-size/

The prices range from £4 to £9. There are two Molicel, both rated at 25 Amps. One has 2600mAh capacity, the other 2800mAh capacity - the latter is only £1.50 more expensive at £8.

Would folks recommend choosing Molicel as a safe option, known quantity type thing? If so am I right in assuming that choosing the slightly more expensive model also makes good sense?

Fogstar, use the POTV20 discount code, never seen me wrong.

Thanks for all the responses!

The range of batteries I'm looking to choose 2 from (as I can get a 2 bay charger for £8 here as well) are listed on this page:

https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-batteries/18650-size/

The prices range from £4 to £9. There are two Molicel, both rated at 25 Amps. One has 2600mAh capacity, the other 2800mAh capacity - the latter is only £1.50 more expensive at £8.

Would folks recommend choosing Molicel as a safe option, known quantity type thing? If so am I right in assuming that choosing the slightly more expensive model also makes good sense?

Molicel are decent mate. As @John R says, fogstar are a very decent vender too (you can trust anything from there), they also do a good range of chargers, and they offer POTV members a discount.

Charger wise, the higher A they are capable of, the faster your batteries will charge. Some only offer a 0.5A charge and they can be very slow. 2A is a decent speed if you can afford one of those.

The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will last. The higher the Amps, the higher you can push it. (Not wanting to be patronising, but not sure if you were aware of this or not).

If you're vaping at MTL levels (20w or under), you would probably be ok with a longer lasting lower capability battery such as the Molicel 35A which is rated at 10A and 3500 mAh.

molicell all the way.
previously bought was 4 P26A, 4 P28A, 2 P42A 21700
previously used samsung 30Q which i have 26 batteries and samsung 25R which i have 14.

yes 28A will last longer than 26A but are in limited production so when they are gone i have no idea if they will be back.
i know you wanted to buy all from one place but with the 20% off fogstar you could make more of a saving.
my last order was the 2 21700 last week and that came with free postage.

'I'm assuming that for that kind of juice, the 0.8R Z-coils are likely to be my best choice, though I'm not really sure since Innokin seem to make a range of coils for the Z80, with a variety of resistance values?'

My own experience of Innokin Z coils for MTL, with liquids at 60VG/40PG or 50VG/50PG:
1.6 and 0.8 ohm: good
1.2 ohm: not great, bad burnt taste pretty quickly.
1 ohm: this coil is supposed to be for RDL with slightly higher wattage. I tried it for MTL at low power and it was good. Supposed to be able to wick 70VG/40PG.

Innokin Z-coils.jpg

Back
Top Bottom