What's new

Uwell Crown Coils

@vape_buddy
interesting. thanks for the feedback.
when the new coils arrive im going to experiment with a pin therough the air holes as I did wonder if it was too tightly packed and this method has worked for other tanks.
no matter how many coils I get through its still the best tank for taste.
BUT lets see if that changes as should have my new sense herakles plus arriving today or tomorrow.

@henry hoov3r
sadly no chance. partialy blind and wridden with arthritis so coil making is not for me.
was kindlt sent a derringer by puffinclouds and its great but once coil is gunked im fooked.

Fair enough they are a bit of a faff sometimes. I still enjoy the ease of using a tank and I still use them. I even coveted the crown but was put off by your thread on coil lifespan.

See the only problem i can forsee with the crown is that ideally i dont want to carry the xcube out with me, but then the sub box will have to go like the clappers with it which would make the battery as useful as a potato.

All my liquid should be ready by christmas, perhaps a little before so i can defenitly put the coils through their paces, made them all roughtly 60/40 as well to keep more flavour.

Uwell Crown stock coils have been very hit and miss but I may have a possible fix for this.

I rebuild a stock coil as its quite easy. I noticed that with stock coils you can get a burning taste etc I had this with a stock coil that came with my tank. I rebuilt a stock coil and just as with an original, my coil was exposed at the top and I was getting a burning taste. Previous coils I had rebuilt without any exposed coil had worked great so I cut a sliver of Muji and packed it into the top of the housing covering the coil and no more burn't taste. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm still using the same coil. It's a dual vertical spaced coil made with 26G 316 SS and I'm hitting it with 75W and it's working great still.

I've hit this sucker at 150w with no issues. Not for long as the vapour is bloody hot ;-)
Before I covered the exposed coil, I could only hit this with 23w. Anymore and it would taste burn't.

If your stock coil is exposed, it's worth a try.

Attachments

• 20151201_134254.jpg
    20151201_134254.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • 20151201_134549.jpg
    20151201_134549.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48
Uwell Crown stock coils have been very hit and miss but I may have a possible fix for this.

I rebuild a stock coil as its quite easy. I noticed that with stock coils you can get a burning taste etc I had this with a stock coil that came with my tank. I rebuilt a stock coil and just as with an original, my coil was exposed at the top and I was getting a burning taste. Previous coils I had rebuilt without any exposed coil had worked great so I cut a sliver of Muji and packed it into the top of the housing covering the coil and no more burn't taste. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm still using the same coil. It's a dual vertical spaced coil made with 26G 316 SS and I'm hitting it with 75W and it's working great still.

I've hit this sucker at 150w with no issues. Not for long as the vapour is bloody hot ;-)
Before I covered the exposed coil, I could only hit this with 23w. Anymore and it would taste burn't.

I may have to give that a go!

I'm just praying my modded looper comes alive in the tank, added an extra shot of milk to try and give it a fresher taste.

well done that man. will defo give that a go.

Could I just add a bit of muji onto a new coil? I haven't got my crown yet (on its way) I was looking forward to it until I read this thread. Although I have the RBA deck on its way too.

the tank is still the best ive used for flavor.
as long as i stick to 50watt or there about's then ive had 9 days so far and no burnt taste.

Could I just add a bit of muji onto a new coil? I haven't got my crown yet (on its way) I was looking forward to it until I read this thread. Although I have the RBA deck on its way too.

Absolutely. If the coil is exposed at the top, just pack in some Muji. If you prime the coil as is, and fire it, you will notice the coil at the top glow hot and angry as you increase your wattage. That's what I noticed so just put some cotton on top and no more burning taste. It worked for me so I hope this works for everyone as the Uwell Crown is a great tank.

I forgot to say that when the stock coils work, they work damn well. Great flavour. Of the three coils I got with my Crown, one was amazing but the other two were awful.
The RBA deck works really well too :-)

I think milk man is meant to be known some what as a bit of a coil killer. Which is probably the only con for this juice.
Love how I filled my new tank with some Milkman Churrios before reading this.

Hopefully the fact i'm using it in TC mode will make the coil last a little longer

Back
Top Bottom