What's new

Vape Desk Organisers

deahva

Initiate
OK this is something I came across on a Forum from last year and as my collection seems to be growing because I make my own E-Liquids I decided I needed something to keep things a little organised and after looking and finding almost all the organisers available are from the states I decided to attempt making my own. Now I am no perfectionist and in the last couple of years found a passion in DIY as a break from my normal job. So I am interested in people views and ideas that maybe as a hobby and as long as I make the cost back, start making Desk Vape Organisers. I have been using wood that has come from an old mill which is being demolished in the near future.

I am posting 2 my first attempts and I am open to comments and suggestions, I have worked out I can actually make them to people specifics as there are so many different size mods and everyones needs vary. I am not promoting a business, this is just going to be a hobby and I welcome feedback from people who have been vaping who think it is a worthwhile hobby to have or not.

Hope to hear some good constructive comments.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2301.JPG
    IMG_2301.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2302.JPG
    IMG_2302.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2303.JPG
    IMG_2303.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2304.JPG
    IMG_2304.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 127
I think they look cracking bud!
I like the fact they are a tad rough and ready (no disrespect meant) an homage to their former purpose in life.

I guess one could also sand them down a bit and stain them for a more finished look if required.

But top job mate [emoji106] and great to see working wood given a new life.

Thanks Moley, No disrespect taken. Appreciate the comments. Got a few ideas I am going to play with and try out. Those have just been basic varnished from some left over varnish I had from doing new skirtings in the house. Aiming to do a larger table top version.

Thanks again

Very nice, especially like the one with the step.

I really need to sort out something like this for my tanks, I do a lot of traditional
Woodwork so maybe a nice round slice from a log with the bark still on, damn you've got me thinking now!

Thanks, Vaping Hamster, I have a log I am going to try and do something with, I really want to try and keep as much of the original bark at the front. I will keep posting up my attempts as I do them :D

Just a thought, but i sometimes help my mum make clocks from oak and she uses wax instead of varnish and once buffed it gives a lovely finish especially on some of the more rustic pieces. It just seems to work better with the knots and grain.

For the tube style mods (such as VAMO's and Innokin SVD's) that were more popular and wideapread about 3 years ago I use one of these (PERFECT for holding the tubular mods and I still use it for my filled 25mm tanks ;) )....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TRIXES-Acr...0594128&sr=8-3&keywords=Round+Lipstick+holder

Another Ape posted about them over 3 years ago and a few people ordered them at the time lol, they still sell them too. The tube style mods have such a small base and are so top heavy I was forever knocking them all over domino style :banghead:. . That thing was a mod/tank saver lol.

All of my current mods are larger square types now though lol, or other weird amd wonderful shapes like the RX....

....So, a nice wooden base to house them all would be nice depending on size and cost. As @deahva said, you can buy organisers, but most are in the states and the ones in the UK are ridiculously expensive. Many are still configured more to hold tubular style mods, tanks or bottles too. Not so many have square cut outs.

@deahva, I like the rugged type look too, I bet a few people might be interested in your work :). Not without any finishing, but kind of in the middle of raw workshop to a quality finish, if you could provide an estimate of cost of a base/organiser to hold say 12 square mods and 6 holes to say hold 25mm tanks (I could easily provide rough mod dimensions depending, etc, and max dimensions etc too :) ). I'd be more than happy to pay a little extra for your labour as well mate :). A step type design would be cool, with say 8 at the back/higher step and 4 on the front with the holes for tanks. If I get a chance I'll post a rough design lol ;)..

Please, keep us updated of designs you come up with and any finished products you send out mate :). Will be a good way for peeps to ask for the same thing or their own personal adjustments etc. If you come up with something along the lines I'm after, I'd possibly be interested :).

My square mods are all lined up together on an unsteady table lol, if I'm silly enough to knock one over, everything except the RX goes lolol. (Doonk, doonk, doonk, doonk, doonk, doonk, doonk, AAAAGGHHHHH, ***copious swearing*** :17: :oops:).

For the tube style mods (such as VAMO's and Innokin SVD's) that were more popular and wideapread about 3 years ago I use one of these (PERFECT for holding the tubular mods and I still use it for my filled 25mm tanks ;) )....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TRIXES-Acr...0594128&sr=8-3&keywords=Round+Lipstick+holder

Another Ape posted about them over 3 years ago and a few people ordered them at the time lol, they still sell them too. The tube style mods have such a small base and are so top heavy I was forever knocking them all over domino style :banghead:. . That thing was a mod/tank saver lol.

All of my current mods are larger square types now though lol, or other weird amd wonderful shapes like the RX....

....So, a nice wooden base to house them all would be nice depending on size and cost. As @deahva said, you can buy organisers, but most are in the states and the ones in the UK are ridiculously expensive. Many are still configured more to hold tubular style mods, tanks or bottles too. Not so many have square cut outs.

@deahva, I like the rugged type look too, I bet a few people might be interested in your work :). Not without any finishing, but kind of in the middle of raw workshop to a quality finish, if you could provide an estimate of cost of a base/organiser to hold say 12 square mods and 6 holes to say hold 25mm tanks (I could easily provide rough mod dimensions depending, etc, and max dimensions etc too :) ). I'd be more than happy to pay a little extra for your labour as well mate :). A step type design would be cool, with say 8 at the back/higher step and 4 on the front with the holes for tanks. If I get a chance I'll post a rough design lol ;)..

Please, keep us updated of designs you come up with and any finished products you send out mate :). Will be a good way for peeps to ask for the same thing or their own personal adjustments etc. If you come up with something along the lines I'm after, I'd possibly be interested :).

My square mods are all lined up together on an unsteady table lol, if I'm silly enough to knock one over, everything except the RX goes lolol. (Doonk, doonk, doonk, doonk, doonk, doonk, doonk, AAAAGGHHHHH, ***copious swearing*** :17: :oops:).
Artic _Wolf, thanks for you comments, a rough design would be very helpful, as long as you don't want it by next week that's cool as I am back on shift tomorrow so the next few days I could work out the layout of it and get confirmation from you that you were happy before I start actually making it. I can always just make you a stand just to sit your square mods on. Get me a design and dimensions and I will get it on the conveyor belo lol

Just a thought, but i sometimes help my mum make clocks from oak and she uses wax instead of varnish and once buffed it gives a lovely finish especially on some of the more rustic pieces. It just seems to work better with the knots and grain.

thanks, can I ask is she still varnishing them afterwards or just purely waxing them?

Cool, love the rustic look. Old technology coming to the rescue of new technology. Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom