What's new

Vapes could be prescription-only under Labour government

if they win the next election he will be a disaster. it will no be a rerun of blair, i think the situation will be more like callaghan. he’ll follow a dismal tory government, inherit a country on the brink of disaster, will not be in power for long, have little to no success and when the tories next get in they’ll be empowered and will go to town. the nhs and public services will go the way of the coal industry. it all seems a bit grim.

You've convinced me, I won't vote for them actually.

My kids will though.. and I think most young people will and probably part of why they will win anyway.

Headlines do read a lot like SNP and Tory propaganda. I'm surprised you would pay any attention to what Mogg says.

i don’t think any of this is propaganda. these headlines come about because of his praise of thatcher, comments he’s made and the few policies he’s clear about. don’t think the times up here is particularly pro SNP, they’re forever sniping at the SNP council. mogg’s comment is hilarious because it’s true, tbh.

he’s lost the plot. clause 4 on steroids he says, while the privatised water companies pump shit into the sea and the private utility companies fleece us more and more every year. he’s trying to attract the people that voted tory by being a tory, and states that if he sounds conservative he doesn’t care. but surely privatisation isn’t even popular with the voters he’s trying to win over, if it’s the home owning red wall brexit types.

I dont think it matters who gets in at the next GE the country, nation, whatever is fucked and heading into deeper decline. The 2 jewels left in our crown, the NHS and the Welfare State are looking tarnished but they`re still very attractive to someone who truly doesn`t have a pot to piss in. The career politicians that we`ll have to pick from at the next show are all as clueless as each other, so much so that you`re getting mature people talking about not voting or spoiling their ballot papers.

May have mentioned this once or twice before, but reading this thread brings back the message as being poignant yet again: I agree and disagree with pretty much everything everyone is saying, and as anarchistic as it may be I think we all agree on one thing - whole system is fucked and there is legitimate argument for ripping it up and starting again.
I don’t see a way out of it regardless who is at the political helm when all we have to choose from is the current crop and unless wholesale remodelling takes place on our political landscape, in london and the devolved governments,(especially wales), then im fearful for our future. At the moment it all appears very bleak. The Tories, Labour,Lib Dems and all who sit behind them should be disbanded and cast onto history where they belong. What should replace them is a group of people that understand the real issues we face, who have lived our lives and walked in our shoes at some point and really understand what is best and what isn’t, with no hidden agendas. Your successful business owners that have come from nothing, your community champions who have a finger on the pulse of the people they speak for and the people
With the common sense to guide us out of the fast sinking ship should be the people round the table of power. Not wave after wave of blue/red/yellow etc etc that continually lie and then piss on us and tell us that it’s just rain.
I hate it. The whole lot.

i don’t think any of this is propaganda. these headlines come about because of his praise of thatcher, comments he’s made and the few policies he’s clear about. don’t think the times up here is particularly pro SNP, they’re forever sniping at the SNP council. mogg’s comment is hilarious because it’s true, tbh.

he’s lost the plot. clause 4 on steroids he says, while the privatised water companies pump shit into the sea and the private utility companies fleece us more and more every year. he’s trying to attract the people that voted tory by being a tory, and states that if he sounds conservative he doesn’t care. but surely privatisation isn’t even popular with the voters he’s trying to win over, if it’s the home owning red wall brexit types.

As you say, he knows he needs to appeal to Tory voters and get the red wall back, so will say anything (all politicians do) Mogg knows this and is countering by attempting to put Labour voters off Starmer.

The formal education system that produces the majority of these one trick pony politicians still subscribes to GB being a world power, which was fine when we had half of the worlds` population and resources to call on, but that ended in 1948, nowadays we are a small, universally hated island nation in a very large ocean, even our nuclear power station, wind turbines and motor cars are built by foreigners and it`s looking like the EV battery technology is going the same way.
Frankly it`s naive to think that a country that produces less than 1% of pollution can help cure more than that percentage, we should do the British thing and say we`re not doing this because it doesn`t suit us, Johnny Foreigner can look after his own housekeeping.

Why is everyone getting so wound up. It's not a new thing that the Government is fucking things up yet your all acting like it is. I really don't give a toss about who is in power and what their up to. If they ban Vaping for example, something else will come along that takes our cash. At the end of the day that is what all this is about. Every good or bad decision the Government makes is made to fuck up the Public with the Middle Classes taking the Brunt of it. Getting stressed and wound up over things we never have control over and is probably going to happen anyway does no good to anyone. Sit back and let nature take it's course. Humanity always tends to bounce back in some way or another. Just take a chill pill.

If whatever shower gets elected and is stupid enough to make vapes prescription only then the best thing to do is take a wonder down your GP surgery and glue yourself to a chair in the waiting room and demand a prescription.

As you say, he knows he needs to appeal to Tory voters and get the red wall back, so will say anything (all politicians do) Mogg knows this and is countering by attempting to put Labour voters off Starmer.

he needs, or thinks he needs, to appeal to the newly converted brexit tory voters. i doubt those cunts will be voting tory again anyhow after how they’ve been shafted since 2019. but he’s never going to appeal to actual tories, the old blue rinsers and whatnot. the lib dems would have more chance. they are kind of tories anyway.

however, the way to appeal to the brexit fever “new” tories is not by privatising everything and continuing with austerity. he’d probably get more support from them saying let’s put clause 4 back how it was and renationalise water.

but now we have three different parties of tories. four for us scottish folks.

Back
Top Bottom