What's new

Vaping at work..

timbobslider

Vaping, what can i say, makes you think how many life's have been saved since some clever chap invented it.
Its fucking great! and if your reading this my guess is you think its wicked aswel!
So vaping at work.... why on good gods earth are company's treating people who vape the same as smokers, i really don't understand.
What is it exactly that ruffles peoples feathers so much. Now your back standing with the smokers,
outside ,or in a SMOKING shelter...
So the main thing i'd like to ramble about is the folk stood there at the smoking shelter whilst you take a nice deep lung hit of your favorite vape and exhale and feel all those lovely little taste buds you now no existed dancing away when suddenly you hear oi puff or fucking hell call the fire brigade or hey its the human chimney thats just a few i'v heard .
As the vapor clears and you can see several of your work colleges all stood there with a cancer stick and a smug look on their face chuckling to them self's at someones poor effort of a joke .
Me my response a simple smile , and they dont get it .
They dont understand why im smiling . well im looking at guy number 1 he's smoking a roll up he must be early 40's
but he actually looks more like he's coming on 65. doesn't drive because he spends all his money on tobacco ,bookmakers and alcohol. Then theres his little buddy next to him who's having a chuckle but this guys pulling a weird face like he's smiking but trying not to open his mouth to much he doesn't want to reveal his summer teeth (some are black some are brown some are missing!) from all the years of smoking no dout triggered his gum disease.
Then we have the guy who has never smoked or tried vaping but just comes over for a chat.
Obviously he's passively smoking and slowly being killed by his band of merry men and all you can hear him say is fucking hell that stinks get that shit away from me bla bla bla. Me personally when i stopped smoking the smell of cigarette smoke burns my eyes my throat i just want away from it!
I really wish people would not disgrace vaping but embrace it!
Can anyone relate with me on this? let me no what other complete and utter garbage people have to say about vaping.

I'm in the same boat , having to stand outside with the smokers but tbh I haven't had one silly comment but have had a lot of people ask me what questions about it, I've had a fair few people end up saying that they want to give one a go but no one else actually has.

Yeah we vape out the smoking shelter! Over the past 5 years its gone from me on my lonesome to all but 3 ish of the 10 or so smokers at work being vapers now, we have a couple on dual fuel, but on the whole its vape,
We sometimes try and hotbox the shelter ( which as its 3 walls and designed not to retain smoke is quite tricky) but mostly we get along

There are 60 people on our site, and at least 10% are vapers, I'll try n get a picture on here :) its quite a little club actually

I'm quite lucky, small company and the smokers that didn't make the move to vaping last year want to this year so it's more questions than "jokes".

The one that really pissed me off was the "strictly electronic cigarettes only" shelter outside the cancer ward at The Western General hospital in Edinburgh. Pissing rain and I couldn't get into it because it was full of staff smoking.

Yet I still get some shit from random people outside of work on a rare occasion. Just ignore all the dickheads, their opinions isn't significant in any way to you personally so you already win. If they are not interested in a small possibility that they may somehow end up quitting smoking after trying e cigs, then they made their choice and there's no point of even trying to engage in s conversation with them. Vaping at work is just one of those things that relies solely up to the employer to decide upon. Some may argue that people should have a right to vape at work, personally I don't really care much for that. No one cares if I vape at my desk but I still go outside just for the sole purpose of kinda reminding myself that i am still not 100% nicotine free.

Its funny because the way i vape has actualy changed due to my job now at work i try to vape higher pg higher nic on me subox mini rba but at home its go wild... well wild at the back door since the other half is just as bad as the managers at work... dont get me started on that one lol.

I'm quite lucky, small company and the smokers that didn't make the move to vaping last year want to this year so it's more questions than "jokes".

The one that really pissed me off was the "strictly electronic cigarettes only" shelter outside the cancer ward at The Western General hospital in Edinburgh. Pissing rain and I couldn't get into it because it was full of staff smoking.
That would have annoyed me too - and I'm pretty hard to piss off! :D

I'm luckily in a good position at work - small company where about a third of the staff were smokers and now all of those are vapers (a couple duel fuel). We vape discreetly indoors if there's nobody around to mind, or go outside when there are people about. Thankfully nobody wants to rock the boat as it is! :)

Last edited:
I must be one of the lucky ones as a few of us vape at my work and we get no hassle. Infact one night my boss came in saw me vaping and said " oh you've stopped smoking, well done" she hates smoking as well so was a bit worried how she'd react.
On the downside the amount of juice and batteries you go through on a 13/14hr night shift is scary lol

At my work, vaping = smoking. No vaping in company vehicles, buildings, or anyone on any of the sites. We even have a smoking guide that states that vaping = smoking. The funny thing about it though is that at the end of the guide it says something about wanting to support people who wish to quit smoking.

I had it out with HR about this but she wouldn't budge on it. She just kept saying that smoking was illegal in company buildings and completely refused to accept that there was any difference between vaping and smoking.

You'll always get the odd smart ass comment.

I've found that these smart ass comments are actually curiosity getting the better of said smart ass and they actually want to try vaping.

Back
Top Bottom