What's new

We need more squonk mods

It's good to find you're vaping Nirvana.....Im kinda thinking it will end up less popular if folks ditch the juice guzzlers due to the tax...shame

I suspect you might be right. DIY mixers may be able to avoid the tax but for everyone else they're likely to switch to whatever they think is the cheapest option.

the original one was just the same as the og pico, but with no power adjustment. it was a great wee mod. i used it and chucked it about so much it ended up just falling apart.

I've just come across this little beauty, has anyone used one of have any info on them?
That is the ijoy capo squonk mod and combo RDA.

There is a bit of a problem with the board in that mod - it has no voltage boost circuit and it has considerable voltage drop by the time the power reaches the 510. Basically it makes the 100 Watts claim a fantasy because, just like a mech mod you must build to low resistances only to have a hope in hell of getting any power to the 510, and by low I mean stupid low, particularly if you try to vape a dual coil RDA on it - which I really wouldn't lol.

The mod works OK with a single coil RDA - but ideally with a fairly large coil of about 0,20 ohms at around 50 Watts. If you build much higher the combination of voltage drop means you will get a progressively weaker vape as the battery discharges and will probably need to swap out the battery really early, generally you will only get half the number of hits and will only find the first half of the charge useable. Forget about using any dual coil RDA with the mod - it hasn't got the guts for it despite using a 21700 as the voltage drop is too severe.

The Combo RDA has 'bottom side' airflow and a shallow juice well so it is a poor choice for a squonk RDA. It works far better as a dripper, not that the mod is capable of running a dual coil RDA.

To be honest I would avoid it - it is probably the worst mod I own and I've bought a few real stinkers over the years.

That is the ijoy capo squonk mod and combo RDA.

There is a bit of a problem with the board in that mod - it has no voltage boost circuit and it has considerable voltage drop by the time the power reaches the 510. Basically it makes the 100 Watts claim a fantasy because, just like a mech mod you must build to low resistances only to have a hope in hell of getting any power to the 510, and by low I mean stupid low, particularly if you try to vape a dual coil RDA on it - which I really wouldn't lol.

The mod works OK with a single coil RDA - but ideally with a fairly large coil of about 0,20 ohms at around 50 Watts. If you build much higher the combination of voltage drop means you will get a progressively weaker vape as the battery discharges and will probably need to swap out the battery really early, generally you will only get half the number of hits and will only find the first half of the charge useable. Forget about using any dual coil RDA with the mod - it hasn't got the guts for it despite using a 21700 as the voltage drop is too severe.

The Combo RDA has 'bottom side' airflow and a shallow juice well so it is a poor choice for a squonk RDA. It works far better as a dripper, not that the mod is capable of running a dual coil RDA.

To be honest I would avoid it - it is probably the worst mod I own and I've bought a few real stinkers over the years.
Cheers mate I take that out of my basket.

Cheers mate I take that out of my basket.

Good choice. I've never used mech mods or semi regulated mods like this one because to me it just seems like a terrible idea having to build an atty to suit the mod. In my view, to get the best vape you need to be choosing your atties and builds to suit what you want coming through your drip tip. I feel like I've fond my perfect vape now but I don't think I would have a hope in hells chance of reproducing it if I was having to choose my coil to suit the needs of a mod.

Good choice. I've never used mech mods or semi regulated mods like this one because to me it just seems like a terrible idea having to build an atty to suit the mod. In my view, to get the best vape you need to be choosing your atties and builds to suit what you want coming through your drip tip. I feel like I've fond my perfect vape now but I don't think I would have a hope in hells chance of reproducing it if I was having to choose my coil to suit the needs of a mod.

not really, the pico squeeze was great. i just made a similar coil each time and puffed it. it worked very well and no annoyance of buttons, controls or screens.

Back
Top Bottom