What's new

We need more squonk mods

Squonking seems very much a marginalised thing over here (Bali), most vape shops don't sell squonkers but I know one that does... or did - I'm after a new one after my old Pulse Dual squonk died, and being very happy with my Centaurus BF I decided on picking up another.

I went back to the same shop I bought it from a while back, but neither the (new) guy behind the counter, nor the two customers on stools hanging out even knew the word 'squonk' !

I tried 'you know, BF - bottom feed...?' - nothing... tried to mime the actions... nothing - ended up finding one on my phone to show them what it's about.

There is a language barrier, but you'd think vapers of any flavour would know the word, or at least the concept... especially ones that work in a vape shop !

I ordered one online....

Funny though, there's quite a big rebuildable community here; surprising as the cheap disposables are everywhere, on counters of all sorts of shops next to the tills where the chupa-chup lollies and disposable lighters are, in supermarkets with fancy displays and all sorts of places; but in terms of people on the street/beach/bars etc. (yes, you can vape or have a ciggy with your beer here :)) actually using vapes there's an awful lot more people dripping 60ml bottles into RDAs than nibbling on the nasty cheap disposable nonsense, but for some reason squonking isn't a big thing.

Last edited:
Squonking seems very much a marginalised thing over here (Bali), most vape shops don't sell squonkers but I know one that does... or did - I'm after a new one after my old Pulse Dual squonk died, and being very happy with my Centaurus BF I decided on picking up another.

I went back to the same shop I bought it from a while back, but neither the (new) guy behind the counter, nor the two customers on stools hanging out even knew the word 'squonk' !

I tried 'you know, BF - bottom feed...?' - nothing... tried to mime the actions... nothing - ended up finding one on my phone to show them what it's about.

There is a language barrier, but you'd think vapers of any flavour would know the word, or at least the concept... especially ones that work in a vape shop !

I ordered one online....

Funny though, there's quite a big rebuildable community here; surprising as the cheap disposables are everywhere, on counters of all sorts of shops next to the tills where the chupa-chup lollies and disposable lighters are, in supermarkets with fancy displays and all sorts of places; but in terms of people on the street/beach/bars etc. (yes, you can vape or have a ciggy with your beer here :)) actually using vapes there's an awful lot more people dripping 60ml bottles into RDAs than nibbling on the nasty cheap disposable nonsense, but for some reason squonking isn't a big thing.

That is surprising if so many people there use drippers that more of them don't squonk. For a start it's far less messy and it doesn't take long to get used to being able to detect when the flavour starts to slightly drop off and it needs another squonk to refresh the build. I imagine it's just a cultural thiing where not enough people knew about squonking so people just stuck with what they're used to.

Perhaps some of them couldn't believe anyone would be stupid enough to put a 510 pin with a hole in it in with the atty that's gonna leak all inside their mod. :)

There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza . . . :D

In case it's any help to people Ecigclouds still have the Topside Dual for sale in 3 colours (red, blue and black).

I was just browsing around to see what else I could see and came across this on Bears Vapes for £40 - the Hugo Vapor Asura 228W 2-in-1 TC Mod & Squonk.

It looks to me like there are a few little issues with the quality of this mod not being the greatest but since Bears Vapes are showing that they have stock of all 5 colours available I thought I would post it in case anyone is interested.

That is surprising if so many people there use drippers that more of them don't squonk. For a start it's far less messy and it doesn't take long to get used to being able to detect when the flavour starts to slightly drop off and it needs another squonk to refresh the build. I imagine it's just a cultural thiing where not enough people knew about squonking so people just stuck with what they're used to.

Perhaps some of them couldn't believe anyone would be stupid enough to put a 510 pin with a hole in it in with the atty that's gonna leak all inside their mod. :)

There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza . . . :D

Nothing wrong with squonk mods, and I own several, but it's probably the size of them that puts most people off - particularly if you need dual 18650/21700.

Hmmm... for lovely looks, really great screen and chipset, 3 button control, 21700 battery, solid quality and beautiful workmanship overall - the Lost Vape Centaurus is hard to beat, especially in a quality leather sleeve.

The only drawback I'd say is the slightly annoying refilling, the bottle won't stand up when upside down; as you're supposed to fill it, so it's a bit of a 2.5 handed job. I sometimes take the top off instead so have a few drips from the tube... but it's a minor thing.

Nothing wrong with squonk mods, and I own several, but it's probably the size of them that puts most people off - particularly if you need dual 18650/21700.

I see what you mean but I am mainly using 22mm RDA's and on top of my Hotcig and Pulse 3 mods they are actually a nice size to take when I'm going out. I guess the only other thing is the possibility of them leaking in a bag or pocket and also the amount of vapour is not very discrete outdoors which a lot of people are uncomfortable about.

To me, squonking with a good RDA is the best quality vape you can get so I'm really surprised so many people seem to have stopped.

Back
Top Bottom