What's new

What build do you have in your Boro?

There's no back on the adapter now. It's just a little box.

signature-mods-billet-box-510-adapter-tool-1_a3ea91ae-2528-4163-8634-11eac8a88656_700x.jpg

LOL, changed my build already, I wasn't really finding a juice a temperature to suit my RDL needs, so I've gone for a bog standard MTL today. A few too many wraps brought the resistance to 1.2 ohm but the wicking and taste is beautiful with the 1.2mm pin. It's actually even quieter than the RTA.

It went a lot quicker last time too, until my wire unspooled and I had to spend hours untangling it. It's never easy is it?

Hi all,

Could anyone give me a little advice on the best stock coil boros and bridges to have a look at. My health isn't so great at the moment and I'm thinking a fall-back option might be worth while having.

The TMD is the obvious choice, and probably what I'll end up with, but is there anything else worth considering?

Best wishes.

Hi all,

Could anyone give me a little advice on the best stock coil boros and bridges to have a look at. My health isn't so great at the moment and I'm thinking a fall-back option might be worth while having.

The TMD is the obvious choice, and probably what I'll end up with, but is there anything else worth considering?

Best wishes.

Depends on what are your favourite stock coils mate. Go with that I would think.

Depends on what are your favourite stock coils mate. Go with that I would think.

It's been so long since I've really committed to a stock coil in a non-testing capacity @rew, it's hard to know anymore. That said, when I started vaping I always used the GTX's and got on well with them, so that's why I'm thinking the TMD. But really I don't even know the options.

I'm still so naive when it comes to boros, the whole thing is just making my head spin.

I feel like I should apologise for being such a dunce and slow coach at picking these things up, but my head is in such a mess at the moment it's hard going.

It's been so long since I've really committed to a stock coil in a non-testing capacity @rew, it's hard to know anymore. That said, when I started vaping I always used the GTX's and got on well with them, so that's why I'm thinking the TMD. But really I don't even know the options.

I'm still so naive when it comes to boros, the whole thing is just making my head spin.

I feel like I should apologise for being such a dunce and slow coach at picking these things up, but my head is in such a mess at the moment it's hard going.

That's ok mate. Don't worry about it. The TMD would be a decent option and it comes all ready to go.

I can give a big thumbs up to the TMD Boro, from BP Mods.
In the end it’s a stock coil holder, so I doubt one is any better than another, in terms of flavour and clouds.
But there’s more to a Boro bridge than just flavour and cloud.
Build quality has to play a part. And the TDM is made to similar quality to say a pukka Orbit or Jenna. It actually feels a lot better made than the Pioneer insider.
It also has an excellent condensation collection system. I full rebuilt with new o-rings, and it’s never put a drop of condensation on any mod I’ve put it in.
I need to thank @dovpo_uk for the incoming replacement accessory pack. Top people these.

I had a confusing time, with the TMD coils in the Pioneer S group test. They were unpredictable, shall we say.
However my experience of the .3 mesh, has been a revelation. They’re excellent in the flavour department. And, as of now, I have three in use. All of which have had 60+ml through them. They still perform like new.

just take care of your orings. They’re very good. But that makes them a bit more fragile than many. Make sure you have everything square before you pressing things home.

I can give a big thumbs up to the TMD Boro, from BP Mods.
In the end it’s a stock coil holder, so I doubt one is any better than another, in terms of flavour and clouds.
But there’s more to a Boro bridge than just flavour and cloud.
Build quality has to play a part. And the TDM is made to similar quality to say a pukka Orbit or Jenna. It actually feels a lot better made than the Pioneer insider.
It also has an excellent condensation collection system. I full rebuilt with new o-rings, and it’s never put a drop of condensation on any mod I’ve put it in.
I need to thank @dovpo_uk for the incoming replacement accessory pack. Top people these.

I had a confusing time, with the TMD coils in the Pioneer S group test. They were unpredictable, shall we say.
However my experience of the .3 mesh, has been a revelation. They’re excellent in the flavour department. And, as of now, I have three in use. All of which have had 60+ml through them. They still perform like new.

just take care of your orings. They’re very good. But that makes them a bit more fragile than many. Make sure you have everything square before you pressing things home.

I'm getting on well with my Pioneer Insider so that's all good to know. It hasn't leaked a drop yet and it's been as smooth as a whistle. That said, I haven't got much to compare it to yet too, so that's something for the new year when I'm hopefully feeling a little better.

I'll be needing much more advice on rebuildable boros and RBA's then too, so I think I'm going to be boring you all to death with all my questions on those!

I'm getting on well with my Pioneer Insider so that's all good to know. It hasn't leaked a drop yet and it's been as smooth as a whistle. That said, I haven't got much to compare it to yet too, so that's something for the new year when I'm hopefully feeling a little better.

I'll be needing much more advice on rebuildable boros and RBA's then too, so I think I'm going to be boring you all to death with all my questions on those!
Main thing I found was, 2.5mm Boro coils are somewhat less sturdy than their 3mm rda/rta coil, brothers.
This, for me anyway, makes wicking a real challenge. The coils move side to side as the cotton is seated. Not best for avoiding hot spots.
So just take it slow. I do have some Boro 3mm coils. But they’re about as floppy and impinge on air flow. Or seem to anyway. The 3mm pin on my Dope offered far less airflow with a 3mm coil than a 2.5mm.

Back
Top Bottom