What's new

What did your Postie bring you today? - VAPE MAIL!

It costs a few hundred quid for sure

Id recommend it to anyone tho

It costs a few hundred quid for sure

Id recommend it to anyone tho
Indeed it does, a company would struggle to win though on the name of a product that is spelt differently to theirs.

So am I ok vaping "Top Secret " in a public place with Lucy ?
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456065371.510742.jpg

you can trademark a name (i.e.: Manabush Is trademarked) ......

this doesnt stop someone .. but it does help you hugely in any court cases if you have these on your side

chances are .. if the person using your name is in the same industry they will come down on your side .. if its something completely different - not so much

a lot of it depends largely on how much money and power you have though

In theory that could also happen even if a trade mark isn't registered, providing the company's use of the unregistered mark is well established and suffering through a third party's use of the same name (such use is called 'passing off'). Harder to prove though, I suppose.

As an aside, I tend to give e-liquid companies using existing registered trademarks of confectionery and soft drinks companies in naming their products a wide berth. All a bit ' Del Boy '.

In theory that could also happen even if a trade mark isn't registered, providing the company's use of the unregistered mark is well established and suffering through a third party's use of the same name (such use is called 'passing off'). Harder to prove though, I suppose.

As an aside, I tend to give e-liquid companies using existing registered trademarks of confectionery and soft drinks companies in naming their products a wide berth. All a bit ' Del Boy '.
Yep its true

Registering the trademark is really just a way of giving yourself more viability and ammunition should the need arise

Only thing we share is Callipitter chow in the juice nothing more. Argument is invalid. Plus I contacted Tom regarding the name [emoji6]

G night.

As said previously on the post there is not a lot any of us can do. Sure trademarks and copyrights can be achieved but how many of us could actually afford to go down that road let alone legal action.
The "Calli" for instance is not mine to own as such even though add the "Custard" and a lot of vapers would immediately know the connection. The same could be said of a lot of juice names I guess. I'll be honest and say that at first I wasn't overjoyed at "Calliberrycrunch" initially but hey life goes on and it's no where near the same flavour profile as the juice I make so easy to differentiate. On that basis I can see the what Lee is saying, along with the fact that the samples sent out are indeed that "samples" and do not reflect the intended finished product.
Life is too short guys even with the possible extension granted by quitting smoking. Just a suggestion but why not move on and do what you do best.... Make some more quality juice.
This forum has always been about a "Team" spirit let's not lose sight of that.

As said previously on the post there is not a lot any of us can do. Sure trademarks and copyrights can be achieved but how many of us could actually afford to go down that road let alone legal action.
The "Calli" for instance is not mine to own as such even though add the "Custard" and a lot of vapers would immediately know the connection. The same could be said of a lot of juice names I guess. I'll be honest and say that at first I wasn't overjoyed at "Calliberrycrunch" initially but hey life goes on and it's no where near the same flavour profile as the juice I make so easy to differentiate. On that basis I can see the what Lee is saying, along with the fact that the samples sent out are indeed that "samples" and do not reflect the intended finished product.
Life is too short guys even with the possible extension granted by quitting smoking. Just a suggestion but why not move on and do what you do best.... Make some more quality juice.
Well said.

A fantastic post. There's always going to be a grey area with names due to the fact that you obviously want to include key aspects of the juice in the name. There's only so many names you can give to a jam doughnut or a cereal juice etc. Life's too short for all this.

Back
Top Bottom