What's new

What do I need to buy

If your mods have a 510 slot (I haven't seen any that aren't) then any tank with a 510 connecting pin will fit - the troll, OBS engine and the nano all certainly do. Great tanks BTW. I have all three although I have't tried the troll yet.

Batteries:

I would research into batteries and battery safety (if you haven't already) and if I could give you any advice, definitely don't skimp on them - get them from a genuine seller and look after them and always keep them in their protective cases. Don't forget to take them out of your mods when you're going to bed. If you look after them and keep them paired, you should get about 300 charge / discharge cycles from them. Since they are cheap, I'll usually bin them after a year anyway (but that's just me). Get yourself a few spares batteries btw. I think I have about 20 batteries now and I really only charge once a week.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Prolong-the-Life-of-an-18650-Battery/

I only purchase from fogstar and wait until Fridays when they run their sale - they have a selection of chargers listed there too. Considering they take batteries very seriously, you could assume they treat the chargers the same. I personally have a nitecore D4 (4 cell charger) and an i8 (8 cell charger). An i8 might be overkill for you.

Cotton:

Cotton bacon v2, native wicks or kendo gold edition. I tend to stick with cotton bacon - as for how much you use, well that depends on what tank your using (single or dual coil), if your dripping / testing juice etc and your general vaping habits. 90 minutes vaping a day, you'd stretch a packet of cotton bacon quite far. No harm stocking up on a few packs. People say cotton is cotton and they are probably right - I just stick with what I know. One day I'll buy a huge bulk pack from China like some folk do :)

Wire:

You've a few choices depending on what you want to do - you can buy wire and make your own coils or just buy pre made coils - the later obviously being less hassle but more expensive. You could start with some basic kanthal wire until you get familiar with coil building and move onto the more expensive wire types. I use:

https://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/products/Vaping-Wire.html

Amazon have large boxes of pre built coils (such as demon killer etc) that will allow you to experiment for little money. I still use them when I'm dripping to test juices.

If you want to dive straight into sampling some of the best coils then get in touch with @Smut. His coils are fantastic and will last me a month (I do vape a lot) with the odd dry burn. I also use runnynose coils which are of similar quality. My local vape shop stock them so it's easy picking some up in town when I'm driving through.

Remember to check the vendors section for reliable sources in the UK to get all your gear from

Trying to think what else you need... A dripper is great when you're at home and trying out a few different juices. You could get yourself an authentic wasp nano for around £15 or a Hadaly or a Narda clone from fasttech.

The coil master kit is handy but you could simply get the individual items separately if you want to save some money. The two most useful items in the kit are the ohm reader (although it's pretty basic) and the coil jig / wand.

Sorry for my ramble back but I hope this helped :)
Thanks for tanking the time to provide so much useful advice.

Batteries
I will remove the batteries at night and replace them once a year. As a 2 core should be more than enough, a 4core will futureproof. I'm not sure if I want to spend a lot on one unless they work well from travel. I plan on moving to China in less than a year.

Cotton
I
was curious as people seem to be brand loyal but I don't see much objective informations

Wire
Pre-build seems like a good option to keep initial costs down.

Not a ramble at all. I thought it was concise and well organised. It obviously took some time to write.

Last edited:
just a quick thing about the coil master kit, I was looking round to buy bits and pieces instead of the kit last weekend because i have most of the stuff in it (who hasn't got scissors?) but the main three things were the ohmmeter, the coiling jig and the tiny side cutters. I couldn't source those for less than £28 combined (with postage), so the coil master kit for £30 off ebay with the extra bits i didn't need (and cotton and wire) for me was a good deal. wouldn't have paid £40 for it though.
This is what I've been hearing. Unless I was sourcing the parts directly in China, either locally or with local shipping.

Back
Top Bottom