What's new

What sort of coils do you generally prefer for flavour ?

If you buy or build your own coils, what do you generally prefer the taste of ?

• Single core tightly wound

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Single core spaced

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Double core tightly wound

• Double core spaced

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double core parallel

• Clapton

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Alien

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Fused

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Staple

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Braided

• Juggernaut

• Mesh

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Single Coil

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Dual Coil

• Other esoterica

• Total voters
I'm coming back to vaping after a long while away and not been current on what folk are using these days, so am interested.

Am not bothered about what makes the best clouds, this is about flavour !

Some options aren't exclusive and others are contradictory but just choose each you like and use regularly please - so you like Dual Core Alien Fused Claptons and also use Mesh in another deck, choose all five.

A coil is just a piece of metal and I've never found one I like the taste of.

For me, flavour comes 100% from the e-juice and everything else is just part of the delivery system. For the amount of vapour production I like which delivers maximum flavour I'm finding using a 22mm dripper where the walls inside the barrel enclose the coil I found does the best job of concentrating the flavour perfectly and works really well to keep too much gunk from building up. I use spools of framed Staple wire and I like to wind a slightly larger 3.5mm coil with 4 wraps. I then slightly space the wraps about 0.5mm apart which allows more juice to get through to get picked up by the airflow. On larger atties that can often deliver too much juice but on a more confined 22mm atty it works perfectly so I get a really moist flavourful vape which leaves a thin perfect coating of juice inside my mouth after every puff which tastes absolutely awesome.

For DL, OFRF KA1 0.13ohm mesh strips. Nothing else comes close for me.

For MTL, just a simple 26GA Ni80 round wire coil is my preference.

Those little naturevape micro coils that they used to build in the old Kangertech style housings.

For MTL I just use a simple 27g kanthal or Ni80 coil.

Fused clapton coils for everything including MTL. For MTL I can't vape a tight airflow, use 1.5mm and around 20 Watts so a dual 30 Fused Clapton works best for me. For DL single coil either a dual 26 Fused Clapton or a triple 26 Fused Clapton if the atty has enough airflow and I'm likely to be vaping at 50W or higher. DL dual coil will be either dual 28 fused clapton for more restricted lower powered vaping or a dual 26 or triple 28 core for 60 - 75 Watts, maybe dual quad 28 fused Claptons if I'm likely to be vaping above 75 Watts.

For cheap premades nothing wrong with fused Claptons in RDA's, tanks and MTL.

Though I do wind Clapton, Flatwire60,Flapton, spaced round wire or round wire twisted in a drill till it snaps.

Now that i MTL i use SS Single 28g Wire or for TC Ni200 Single Core, for DTL nothing comes close to Mesh, usually Vapefly SS Mesh or Steam Crave Mesh. If i do use a Pre-Made Coil in a RDA it's usually a Alien.

Back
Top Bottom