What's new

What wire and gauge?

MTB Vaper

Postman
I want to hopefully get a single spool to do RTA, RDA and RTA MTL, for the MTL I want to use temp control so S316? I think I can use S316 for all builds so what's the best overall guage?
Currently have a spool of Kanthal A1 24g twist but its limited in its use.

For MTL I mostly use 28awg SS but have been known to use Titanium and NiFe32 occasionally.

the 28/29 awg stainless wire from stealthvape is the only wire i’ve used for years.

No wire is a one size works for all. Skinny gauge roundwire works well for MTL but useless for DL. When it comes to DL forget roundwire as practically every other option works better.

Another thing to consider is what type of wattage levels you intend to vape at.

To get any remotely useful suggestions you really need to explain which RDA, RTA you want to get wires for. The suggestion to use 28/29ga for MTL is pretty sound, but for DL vaping you're probably better off looking at something more complex like clapton/fused clapton or flatwire.

You can use pretty much any gauge of stainless but you wont be getting the best out of your equipment or your juice, it`s very much horses for courses to get the best vape.

Great discussion on wire choices for different setups! I've had good results with 28awg SS for MTL, finding it offers a nice balance between flavor and heat. For DTL setups, I agree that something like a clapton or fused clapton could provide better performance.

What's the pro's and cons for HW6015? I've done a duckduckgo web search but didnt find anything.

HW6015 is 62% Nickel and 14% Chromium and the balance is made up of SS and Ti. Buy some and try it.

28awg SS for MTL, I use it for temp and wattage... it's all I use for everything.

2.5mm ID coil, lightly spaced, usually comes out around 0.7-0.8 ohms.

I'm not a fan of messing around.

Back
Top Bottom