What's new

HW6015 wire

MTB Vaper

Postman
I've got a spool of HW6015 in 28awg, how well does this wire work for MTL, what are pro's and cons and properties for MTL use?

All I know its 58% nickel, 28% iron and 17% chromium.

Never heard of that particular metal. The iron content would make me a little suspicious of how prone it might be to corrosion and possibly leaching into the juice causing a metallic taste. I don't see any harm in having a go and trying it or googling it to find out more about it. If you've got any doubts though wire spools from somewhere like Stealthvape are so cheap you could just save yourself the worry.

Flatwire Flat60 is a flat wire resistive wire made of HW6015, an NI-Fe-Cr alloy particularly resistant to thermal stress.

The composition is 62% Nickel / 14% Chromium / 2.5% Silicon / 2% Manganese / Iron

So, in essence its a fancy NiChrome variant with little redeeming quailities over other standard NiChrome offerings.

If it makes you feel special to use it, crack on.

If you have a nickel allergy I'd maybe avoid it.

Flatwire Flat60 is a flat wire resistive wire made of HW6015, The composition is 62% Nickel / 14% Chromium / 2.5% Silicon / 2% Manganese / Iron

Thats different composition to the Evo wire I have, orderd as they didnt have 316 in 26 or 28 guage, the HW6015 was £1.50 a spool so added to the order to try.
Screenshot_20240212-130620_Brave.jpg

I've never used it, or even heard of it before. Just a case of try it and see how it compares to what you're currently using.

I've never used it, or even heard of it before. Just a case of try it and see how it compares to what you're currently using.

Be a while till I need to use it, just looking to see if anyone had any experience. havent used 316 yet only kanthal and fused Claptons. I'm enjoying 3mm spaced kanthal in the Ares, need to order some 316 probly of ebay for free postage.

Be a while till I need to use it, just looking to see if anyone had any experience. havent used 316 yet only kanthal and fused Claptons. I'm enjoying 3mm spaced kanthal in the Ares, need to order some 316 probly of ebay for free postage.

The main problem with asking for opinions is we all have different tastes and flavour profile preferences. I like 316 for fruit flavours as it seems to be fresher tasting and a little cooler even though I avoid juices with added coolant. If I use Kanthal with fruits the flavour seems muted/slightly dirty - it reminds me of fruit that is edible, but past its best. But it is pretty much the opposite with bakeries/deserts - Kanthal seems to work well but I find there is something 'odd' about 316 and the slight cooling affect of 316 wire doesn't work for me. I don't vape tobacco flavours so I have no idea. Of course, your experience may, and probably will, differ.

The only useful recommendation I can give is if you're trying new wire make sure you know if it is safe to vape in wattage mode or if it is a TC only wire and to buy a small amount in case you think it's no good. It can be like trying to find a juice you really like as it takes a bit of trial and error before you find a favourite.

I wound a 7 wrap spaced coil in 28awg HW6015 it came out at 1ohm, the same as 26awg kanthal built the same. So far all I can add is ramps up faster no need for primer puffs at 13w. Popped it in the original Ares cant comment on flavour as I'm trying a new one and that was the only empty tank.

I wound a 7 wrap spaced coil in 28awg HW6015 it came out at 1ohm, the same as 26awg kanthal built the same. So far all I can add is ramps up faster no need for primer puffs at 13w. Popped it in the original Ares cant comment on flavour as I'm trying a new one and that was the only empty tank.

It will ramp up faster cos it's Ni 60....I've used flat 60 ribbon in the past, in a dripper....it's fine

Back
Top Bottom