What's new

What wire for coils?

I see the point in terms of spools vs pre made in terms of which to buy i must admit
I suppose by knowing what other vapers use with similar kit but more knowledge and experience I am trying to eliminate trying out a lot of unsuitable/rubbish to find what I want faster.
But you are correct, I cannot eliminate all trial and error

I have new molicel 42ah 21700 which could be 45 or 30 amp depending on which source I look at for the info. Should be fine I hope? However I will be reading up and have been a little, I just need time to sit and absorb it, I am far from daft and pretty decent at math so I will get there on this.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, and the advice
Very much appreciate it

Molicel P42a are 30 Amp batteries, the 45 Amp rating is a bullshit meaningless 'pulse' rating - a pulse of electricity could be measured in a thousandth of a second so is absolutely meaningless. Just go by the CDR (Constant Discharge Rate) and stay within the Amp rating and you should be good.

I see the point in terms of spools vs pre made in terms of which to buy i must admit
I suppose by knowing what other vapers use with similar kit but more knowledge and experience I am trying to eliminate trying out a lot of unsuitable/rubbish to find what I want faster.
But you are correct, I cannot eliminate all trial and error

I have new molicel 42ah 21700 which could be 45 or 30 amp depending on which source I look at for the info. Should be fine I hope? However I will be reading up and have been a little, I just need time to sit and absorb it, I am far from daft and pretty decent at math so I will get there on this.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, and the advice
Very much appreciate it

Always check 'Battery Mooch' for accurate info on batteries. He actually checks them.

He says of the Molicel's: "The datasheet lists the minimum capacity at 4000mAh. The six P42A’s I tested delivered 4115mAh - 4142mAh at 800mA (0.2C) down to 2.5V. This is great consistency and they all easily meet their minimum capacity rating.

I am rating this Molicel at 30A continuous with a temperature-limited rating of 40A as long as you stop before the cell reaches 75°C."

Personally, I wouldn't go past the 30a, but then I'm super cautious about my batteries.

I have a had a good read and absorb of the guide on this forum.
I think I got it, In that 0.15ohm is fine, 0.14 pushing it, 0.13 getting beyond
I found info elsewhere that said exactly as above 30, the 45 is the bs pulse

What I will say is am around the limits theoretically, with coils I have, and also my mesh decks (pretty much everything I have is 0.15), but with both my dovpo mech mods they run pretty cool with sort of regular 3 second lung fulls
My dovpo dual topside with 2 18650 batteries gets much hotter, as did all the other mods I had with either these rdas rdtas and the horizontal falcon I used to use (again pretty much always around 0.15 ohm)

Back
Top Bottom