What's new

Where am i going wrong?!

I have mainly used the 0.7 BVC Coils and have always found them to be great and they last quite well, The Aspire Pockex might be another device worth looking at, i still have mine from when i first quit and was probably the device that helped me the most. I don't like the look of the new pockex but you can still get the old pen type device which is what i used, also the Jem Pen by Innokin.

Maybe a silly question, but are you priming your coils and leaving them to soak up juice for 10 minutes before firing them?

On mods with adjustable power it is advisable to start with the power set very low and to gradually increase it to taste when you are sure the coil has bedded in. Because your device isn't power adjustable it helps if, instead of vaping it once the coil is primed to initially take about 10 very small hits - like half a second lol, it helps if you inhale for about 2 seconds, but only press the fire button for the first half second. This heats the coil wire but not enough to burn cotton - and because you are pulling air through the clearomiser it draws juice into the cotton to ensure there are no dry areas - BVC coils are very small and the slightest bit of burnt cotton will ruin the coil.

I suspect the eBay seller told you 2.1 ohm coils were the best for your device simply because he has a lot in stock and nobody wants them. Personally I wouldn't buy coils from eBay - even if you have to pay an extra 2 or 3 quid it's worth the extra to get genuine coils from a reputablde seller. As others have already mentioned eBay and Amazon listings have a lot of dubious sellers offloading cheap clones. They aren't worth the risk.

All the above should lead you to the conclusion that a rebuildable is the logical way forward, it's a lot easier than you think, just find a Coilmaster v4 kit and you're most of the way there.

In hindsight i wouldn't buy the Coilmaster Kit, probably because i still use the Daedalus when coil making, Had a couple of Coilmaster ohm readers go belly up though the 521 Tab i have is pretty well built. The other tools i already had due to PC building but i have a couple of Coil Rods that i use for wrapping, got them given a while back, buying the tools seperate will probably save you money as well.

Thanks very much guys,i really appreciate all this help & advice!,i wish i'd joined this forum long ago,it would have saved me a lot of grief & money!,i don't do social media (Facebook etc),i only occasionally venture onto a couple of shooting related forums.

A few of you have mentioned priming my coils,the answer is yes i do & i often leave them priming for anything up to a couple of hours so that's definitely not an issue,i'm now pretty much convinced that being wrongly advised by an Ebay seller to use 2.1 ohm coils is what has caused me a lot of grief with the BVC setup,that along with being sold inferior coils by the batch load!,tonight i'm going to set up an account with 'Vapestreams' & order a pack of 1.6 & 1.8 ohm coils & try them,hopefully the quality will be better & they'll perform better on my CE5 batteries & i can move forward from there.

I've been looking on the internet & through this forum & it's an eye opener for sure,the equipment you guys use & the level of skill involved is quite simply staggering!,it's way beyond me,technofobia!,guns,rifles,fishing,bikes & cars (& women!) complicate my life enough as it is,when it comes to vaping i seek convenience & simplicity.

To give you all a laugh here's my redneck Highlander vaping kit,batteries inside empty cartridges & leccy tape on the tanks are all for a reason,it's just so i know what's what,simplicity at its finest!

Oh..& a sample of the amount of inferior coils i've been sold over the past while!

Attachments

• 20230702_150250.jpg
    20230702_150250.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 20230702_150548.jpg
    20230702_150548.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • 20230702_150614.jpg
    20230702_150614.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Thanks very much guys,i really appreciate all this help & advice!,i wish i'd joined this forum long ago,it would have saved me a lot of grief & money!,i don't do social media (Facebook etc),i only occasionally venture onto a couple of shooting related forums.

A few of you have mentioned priming my coils,the answer is yes i do & i often leave them priming for anything up to a couple of hours so that's definitely not an issue,i'm now pretty much convinced that being wrongly advised by an Ebay seller to use 2.1 ohm coils is what has caused me a lot of grief with the BVC setup,that along with being sold inferior coils by the batch load!,tonight i'm going to set up an account with 'Vapestreams' & order a pack of 1.6 & 1.8 ohm coils & try them,hopefully the quality will be better & they'll perform better on my CE5 batteries & i can move forward from there.

I've been looking on the internet & through this forum & it's an eye opener for sure,the equipment you guys use & the level of skill involved is quite simply staggering!,it's way beyond me,technofobia!,guns,rifles,fishing,bikes & cars (& women!) complicate my life enough as it is,when it comes to vaping i seek convenience & simplicity.

To give you all a laugh here's my redneck Highlander vaping kit,batteries inside empty cartridges & leccy tape on the tanks are all for a reason,it's just so i know what's what,simplicity at its finest!

Oh..& a sample of the amount of inferior coils i've been sold over the past while!

Hope the new coils work for you. If not just get back to us and we can recommend something else. It won't be much of a leap to understand some of the more up to date kit.

Hope the new coils work for you. If not just get back to us and we can recommend something else. It won't be much of a leap to understand some of the more up to date kit.

I'll certainly keep you all updated......i need to stop looking at all these mega devices......i'm already getting thoughts that i don't want to be getting!

@Brett AX2 - I'm not trying to chnage your mind, but honestly I don't think you'll regret updating to a more modern kit if you can afford it. The quality has shot up in the last few years, and the price downwards. You don't have to go for a pricey mod/tank combo. Some of the pod kits are very simple to use (orion 2 - looks lovely, sceptre 2 - cheap as chips - 17 quid, and the coils are excellent).

I hope you find something that works for you, whatever route you go down.

I know that feeling well and I don't want to sway you into something but one thing I would have done differently, I started with the cheapest, simplest pen and then ended up buying more and more different things when I wasn't happy with it. But that's also me, I didn't want the faff but I secretly love researching new things. So if I were you, I'd get something middling with a bit more capability and quality. Though I work with lots of guys that don't care and just bought one vape and one flavour and stuck with it. Whatever works for you is key!

Back
Top Bottom