What's new

Where am i going wrong?!

Brett AX2

Initiate
Hello again,first post on here & apologies for it being long-winded,i am by no means a 'vape geek',i'm just a casual vape user,i've been so for 8 years (since quitting smoking) & i've only ever used very basic kit,this basic kit suits my needs perfectly,it's compact,discreet,simple,cheap,doesn't drink loads of 'juice' or produce massive clouds of vapour,however,i'm now fighting a constant battle & i'm at my wits end with it,at this moment in time i'm wondering is it something i'm doing wrong or am i just being constantly sold faulty,cloned & inferior components,i shall explain....

I've always used 2200mAh EGO batteries with CE5 clearomisers & 18mg 'ecig' tobacco flavoured liquid (Home Bargains,99p each),i started off using Hangsen liquid before discovering the Home Bargains stuff which i like.

The past couple of years it became increasingly impossible to purchase reliable CE5 wicked or wickless clearomisers,i always bought them in batches of 10 & it got so bad that i could predict that most of them would instantly be useless,they would leak,gargle,burn etc etc,some would last a day & some a couple of days at the most,years ago a batch of 10 would last me ages,i'd always expect a couple of duds which was acceptable,it just got beyond a joke,it also had me often querying my batteries,chargers & charging sockets & saw me replacing those only to discover it was definitely the clearomisers that were at fault,cost me a small fortune!.

6 months ago i discovered Aspire CE5 BVC clearomisers with replaceable coils available in 1.6,1.8 & 2.1 OHMS,being unsure what to opt for i was advised by an Ebay seller that the 2.1 OHM coils were the way to go so i went ahead & purchased a CE5 clearomiser with a 2.1 OHM coil & hoped for the best,when i received it i primed it & away it went,perfect!,nice draw,no leakage,no burning...i was delighted!,couple of days later i purchased another BVC clearomiser & a pack of 5 coils & a drip tip to have at hand when required,no more faulty batches of chinesium CE5 clearomisers for me!....but that glee proved to be short lived,the first coil lasted a few weeks then needed replacing & that's when the fun started all over again,weak coils,leaking,not drawing,not burning enough...since then i've had quite a few packs of coils from different sellers & i'm up against it again!!!,for example last Monday i opened a box of Aspire 2.1 coils & the first 3 in a row were not working,not even with 2 different brand new batteries,the 4th coil worked but was weak as hell,changed that after a few days & the next one was the same,the seller guaranteed me these are genuine Aspire coils,what on earth is going on folks,can anyone offer advice?,the only thing i can think of is that i'm using the wrong type of coils,should i be using 1.6 or 1.8 OHM instead of 2.1?,i have no idea what these different powers are all about & i'm hoping that is where i'm going wrong so i can continue using the kit i do.

I hope that lot makes sense,i'm old school & a bit of a technofobe so please don't tie my head in knots with tech talk..thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Welcome :welcome1:

You’ve started vaping in the exact same way I did - in 2015! Things have improved a lot since then, you’re moving in the right direction, Aspire are generally quite good.

I would suggest getting one of these as a very similar, but slightly better kit.

The above tank takes the Aspire Nautilus coils, which are a step up from the BVC coils you’re using. You would want the 1.8 ohm coils, and you should also be able to use your current tank on that battery.

I think it’s also worth mentioning that when you buy a pack of Aspire coils, there is a scratch off panel on the box, which you can use to check they’re authentic. There are a lot of crap, nasty clone coils out there, so worth checking. I would recommend avoiding EBay and Amazon for vaping kit, I’ve only ever got rubbish from them - buy from a reputable seller (plenty of folk will steer you right here) :)2

Hello there, first off I don’t bu any vape gear off eBay bought a few bits off there which were rubbish. If you like pen style vape kit’s take a look @Innokin products they hav a few pen type kits and we’ll mad. Also if you want to try a decent pod kit Voopoo Argus pod range of kits are good and well made pods last for ages.
My wife started with those clearomizer kits and wasn’t very impressed with them. Good luck with what you choose others on here will recommend other good vape advice.

Welcome :welcome1:

You’ve started vaping in the exact same way I did - in 2015! Things have improved a lot since then, you’re moving in the right direction, Aspire are generally quite good.

I would suggest getting one of these as a very similar, but slightly better kit.

The above tank takes the Aspire Nautilus coils, which are a step up from the BVC coils you’re using. You would want the 1.8 ohm coils, and you should also be able to use your current tank on that battery.

I think it’s also worth mentioning that when you buy a pack of Aspire coils, there is a scratch off panel on the box, which you can use to check they’re authentic. There are a lot of crap, nasty clone coils out there, so worth checking. I would recommend avoiding EBay and Amazon for vaping kit, I’ve only ever got rubbish from them - buy from a reputable seller (plenty of folk will steer you right here) :)2

Thanks man but i'm confused,that kit looks like a completely different setup than i have,i can't see how my tank would fit on that battery or vice versa?,do you think that using 1.8 ohm coils on my kit (2200mAh battery) would make any difference,would i get a better draw with lower ohm coils??,i scratched the panel on the box but you obviously need an app on your phone to check that & that for me is just another headache i could do without,if possible i would much rather to continue using the setup i have if only i could obtain reliable coils that actually work,do you think that's possible?

Last edited:
Apologies - that kit has a 510 connection. You can get a small adapter to use the tank, so you can use it on ego batteries, if you’re interested, I’ll hunt one down for you. Worth it to be able to use reliable coils imo.

Maybe try here for BVC coils if you want to carry on with that one. I would go for the 1.8 ohm option. I vouch for the website, but I haven’t used that coil series in a long time.

Normal rules with all these things apply though, you need to prime the coil, ie put liquid on the inlet holes on the coil and a couple of drops down the middle, the fill the tank ad leave it to sit for 5 minutes, start the power off low and slowly build it up till you hit your sweet-spot.

Hi @Brett AX2

just to clear up any confusion could you clarify if the clearos you have are some of these https://www.officialaspire.co.uk/aspirehardware/aspirebvcclearomizer (if its not these could you post a link to your battery, clearo and coils.
tbh ive never heard of 2.1ohm coils before so cant help with that. 1.8 or 1.6 are the best me thinks as your kit doesnt have variable wattage just a fire button.

back in 2015 i tried cig a likes then moved onto sky cig (now Blu) and gave up overnight with one of their blu pro kits which used similar clearos. but after a while they started leaking. a work around was to buy alternative clearos but blu caught onto this and decided to reverse their screw thread so only their heads would work.
then i found the Fuse www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=vapouriz+fuse&i=drugstore&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
which is similar but used real 1.6ohm coils with the average lasting upto 3 months. this kit was perfect for work and the car while back at home i used larger box mods.
any make of coil can have duds in a box. worst for me was 4 out of 5 were burnt from the first puff.
so i dont think your doing anything wrong but the kit QC could be letting you down.

Thanks guys,i'm aware that my setup is basic & probably outdated but when it works it does the job just fine for me,for a number of reasons i don't want to go down the route of having to completely change everything,i don't want a bulky device with various buttons & settings on it,something like that wouldn't last 2 minutes in my hands or pockets,i have a steel cigar holder/case that my setup fits inside & it's perfectly protected when in my pocket or whatever,i'll take pictures of everthing tomorrow & post them so you see what i mean.

Can someone explain what the different ohms on these Aspire BVC coils are all about?,is a 1.8 ohm more suited to a 2200 mAh battery than a 2.1 ohm coil etc?,i ain't no electrician,my life consists of barrels & triggers,blood,guts & sharp knives,2 wheels or 4 wheels & and engines......

the ohms is more for wattage.
to give an example these are aspire nautilus coils. the different ohm rating means they can be used at different wattage ranges. for a pen type that you cant change the wattage on the norm used to be 1.6 or 1.8ohm as they would use around the 10-12 watts range as far as i can remember.
  • 0.3 Ohm Nautilus Mesh: 23 - 28W
  • 0.4 Ohm Nautilus BVC: 23 - 28W
  • 0.7 Ohm Nautilus Mesh: 20 - 25W
  • 0.7 Ohm Nautilus 2s BVC: 18 - 23W
  • 1.0 Ohm Nautilus Mesh: 13 - 15W
  • 1.6 Ohm Nautilus BVC: 7 - 11W
  • 1.8 Ohm Nautilus BVC: 10 - 14W

Back
Top Bottom