What's new

Where am i going wrong?!

Cheers guys,new coils from 'Vapestreams' should arrive tomorrow so i'll be trying them out tomorrow night,just had more faulty Aspire coils out of the last Ebay batch i bought,it's beyond a joke!,i sure as hell hope the new ones do better!.

You lot need to stop planting seeds in my head!, 'if' i was to venture down the route of purchasing an uprated mouth to lung vape kit to try it would need to be as compact as possible,use removeable 18650 batteries,be easy to set up & use (not having loads of buttons & settings!) & used easily obtainable & reliable coils,does such a device exist? (possible can of worms there?!) ,i wouldn't be too fussed about the cost as long as it wasn't extortionate.

I have spotlights etc that use 18650 batteries so i've already got batteries & a charger,i'd also much rather a device with removeable batteries so i can just change batteries rather than having to charge the actual device.

Last edited:
Cheers guys,new coils from 'Vapestreams' should arrive tomorrow so i'll be trying them out tomorrow night,just had more faulty Aspire coils out of the last Ebay batch i bought,it's beyond a joke!,i sure as hell hope the new ones do better!.

You lot need to stop planting seeds in my head!, 'if' i was to venture down the route of purchasing an uprated mouth to lung vape kit to try it would need to be as compact as possible,use removeable 18650 batteries,be easy to set up & use (not having loads of buttons & settings!) & used easily obtainable & reliable coils,does such a device exist? (possible can of worms there?!) ,i wouldn't be too fussed about the cost as long as it wasn't extortionate.

I have spotlights etc that use 18650 batteries so i've already got batteries & a charger,i'd also much rather a device with removeable batteries so i can just change batteries rather than having to charge the actual device.

Have a look at the Innokin Coolfire Z80 kit. The only real option it has is to turn the power up or down. It has 'Power' Mode and 'FO' mode - as far as I can tell they are exactly the same thing as all you can do is turn the power up or down to taste in both modes. No TC or TCR, no by-pass, no Voltage, no power curves - just the ability to turn the power up or down, and to be honest that's all I ever use even though I have shelves full of mods...

It's simple, lightweight and reliable - apparently the tank that comes with it is a decent MTL vape. I only have the mod and it gets a lot of use as a walkaround MTL vape when I'm outdoors but there are a lot of people that like the zlide tank.

To be honest mate, I think you're pissing in the wind sticking with eGo style pens. Even when they are working properly they're shit.

I was a bit fearful of buttons and settings when I started but as stated above, you don't really need them, I think most mods arrive in a usable mode and you just need to turn the power up and down depending on your coil. The coil will have a specified range written on it and the trick is to prime and start below that and increase after a few puffs. Stop increasing when you are happy with the vape, usually the lower end of the range. That will give you better coil life. So it's pretty simple really! And you can buy as a kit or buy a mod you like and a tank you like, mix and match.

My favourite coil at the moment is the Aspire nautilus 1.0 ohm in a nautilus 3 tank, 13w -15w. Innokin coils give a more airy vape, less sucking. Depends what you like.

Never received new coils yesterday due to a braindead DPD courier finding it too mentally challenging to open my letterbox & push the small package through it or leaving it somewhere safe in my garden (plenty choices!) & taking a picture as proof!,no other courier service has ever struggled with this at my address & parcels are not known to go missing around these parts.
Managed to re-arrange delivery today so i put the new coils to the test when i got home.

First 1.8 coil primed & working away just fine so far.
First 1.6 coil worked for 5 minutes but then decided to catastrophically leak.
Second 1.6 coil did the exact same thing! WTF?!!

I'm now thinking it's definitely time to move on from these CE5 pen type vapes,i'm well beyond putting up with the constant grief with Aspire coils,have Aspire coils/products always been this bad or has their QC just gone tits-up recently?,it really is ridiculous!

I'm too tired at the moment but i'm definitely going to look into some of the alternative kits you guys have mentioned,i've had a brief look at the Innokin Coolfire Z80 & it's certainly something of interest,i'd be grateful for any more suggestions though,cheers folks,i'll catch up more at the weekend,thanks again.

Aspire are usually very good, i can't remember having any problems and i have used loads, I generally use the BVC 0.7 ohm coils and have always found them great, Something is wrong or just unlucky. I would start afresh with a new mod and tank, you will save yourself some money by buying something newer. The CE Vapes are pretty dated now, i used them back in 2012 and they were that good i was back smoking within a week. Tanks and Mods have come a long way in the 3 1/2 years i have been vaping, even the best kit will seem rubbish if you keep getting dodgy coils. I will stick with making my own.

An update.

No idea what went wrong with the first two 1.6 coils i tried on the 6th June but the third one worked fine & has been used constantly since then & is still going strong,yesterday i decided to try a 1.8 coil,first one out of the pack is working away just fine,i'm trying decide which ones to use in future should i stick with using this basic kit,however......

.....i'm still eyeballing the previously mentioned Innokin Coolfire Z80 Zenith 2 kit.....i'm definitely toying with the idea of buying one sometime soon :hmm:

The Innokin Z80 uses removable/external 18650 batteries which i already have along with a charger but my batteries are button tops,am i correct in assuming the Z80 is only compatible with flat top batteries?

Can anyone recommend a reliable seller of flat-top 18650 batteries & also which brand of battery should i obtain?

An update.

No idea what went wrong with the first two 1.6 coils i tried on the 6th June but the third one worked fine & has been used constantly since then & is still going strong,yesterday i decided to try a 1.8 coil,first one out of the pack is working away just fine,i'm trying decide which ones to use in future should i stick with using this basic kit,however......

.....i'm still eyeballing the previously mentioned Innokin Coolfire Z80 Zenith 2 kit.....i'm definitely toying with the idea of buying one sometime soon :hmm:

The Innokin Z80 uses removable/external 18650 batteries which i already have along with a charger but my batteries are button tops,am i correct in assuming the Z80 is only compatible with flat top batteries?

Can anyone recommend a reliable seller of flat-top 18650 batteries & also which brand of battery should i obtain?
Fogstar all day long for batteries POTV20 for 20% off https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/batteries

in the last few years all i buy now are samsung 30Q and Molicel

Back
Top Bottom