What's new

Why is my RDA spitting?

jezza

Postman
Hi everyone, getting back into building again on my Wotofo Lush (split 2 post deck). Its a pretty basic RDA but suits me while i practice building before my OBS engine arrives. Anyway, on my current build, its spitting a hell of alot and the taste of hot juice isnt nice. Anybody have any suggestion what this might be?

Needs more wicking it's not getting enough juice so it's boiling off and spitting. Do you have a pic of your build?

I had that issue i found turn the wattage down somthing to do with over heating the juice

What coil are you using? I find claptons are quite prone to a bit of spitting if the cotton is loose in them. Seems a lot better when the cottons tight in the coils

@Michael jackson its a dreadful build as im still learning so id be best to not post a pic haha. Im finding the deck is quite fidgety to build on for a newby so its taking a while to get the coils straight. Ive left a few cm of wick either side of the coil, do i need more cotton maybe?

@Screwball im using 26g Kanthal, dual coil at 0.5ohm. They are prebuilt coils while i practice on the deck

It should be tight but not move the coils when sliding through and there should be enough cotton to reach and lay over some of the well. I leave about two cm past the rubber seals each side so maybe 3cm ish but I'm very new as well

A few cm of wick either side? The wick should just about touch the bottom of the deck imo

I personally would lay some on the bottom which is what I learned watching vids on YouTube by OhnBoyJosh but it's personal preference

Spitting is usually down to your wicking mate, specifically enough cotton inside the coil. You want a cotton wick thick enough that there's some tension when you feed it through the coil, but not so much that it moves the coil as you pull it through. Also, try fluffing up the ends of your wick - it helps to draw in the juice and feed it into the coil more efficiently.

Back
Top Bottom