Are you going to the pub

• Yes I’m all over it

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • No it’s too risky

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Hmmmmmmm.... Banana ?

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters
Commander Bas Javid of the Metropolitan police says he is “pleased there were no significant issues or incidents in the capital” despite some areas being “notably busy”.

“The majority of the public complied with social distancing guidelines and remained vigilant. While some areas were notably busy such as Soho and Portobello Road, we are pleased there were no significant issues or incidents in the capital,” he said.

He also said a “small number” of premises closed early on advice from police officers due to overcrowding and a lack of social distancing.

“There were well-versed plans for this weekend and we worked closely with our partners and licensed premises – this was demonstrated by compliance from the large majority of venues and members of the public,” he said. “Officers were on patrol engaging with members of the public and hospitality venues to ensure a peaceful night and that will continue today.”

“It’s vital that we don’t lose track of how far we have come and all act responsibly and play our part to minimise the spread of Coronavirus,” he added.

A&E doctors have expressed their thanks to the majority of pub-goers for drinking responsibly on Saturday night, saying that fears A&E departments could be overwhelmed “do not seem to have come to pass”.

The president of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine, Dr Katherine Henderson, said anecdotal reports from around the country “suggest [emergency departments] have coped well”.

“However, we will not know for certain for a few weeks, both in terms of attendance and Covid-19 cases, until figures are published,” she added.”

Henderson also criticised the “complete disregard for social distancing” seen in “small pockets” across the country, including as shown in these images from Soho in London.

“We hope those involved understand they must not visit their elderly relatives or any vulnerable people who could come to serious harm from the virus,” she said.

“As the pictures show, and as the chair of the Police Federation has said, it is crystal clear that drunk people cannot socially distance, and more work will be needed to figure out ways to enforce it.

She also reminded people the NHS was “still vulnerable” during the ongoing pandemic.

“On its 72nd birthday, we remind the public that the NHS is still vulnerable and that individuals have a part to play in protecting it by not going to extremes.”

Sunday afternoon why ever not
IMG_20200705_150907.jpg

And our dentist and doctor are still closed.

They're opening shit in the wrong order imho.

Though I guess I can understand why a dentist might not want to open.

Apparently you can get a tooth pulled, but not much else.

Commander Bas Javid of the Metropolitan police says he is “pleased there were no significant issues or incidents in the capital” despite some areas being “notably busy”.

“The majority of the public complied with social distancing guidelines and remained vigilant. While some areas were notably busy such as Soho and Portobello Road, we are pleased there were no significant issues or incidents in the capital,” he said.

He also said a “small number” of premises closed early on advice from police officers due to overcrowding and a lack of social distancing.

“There were well-versed plans for this weekend and we worked closely with our partners and licensed premises – this was demonstrated by compliance from the large majority of venues and members of the public,” he said. “Officers were on patrol engaging with members of the public and hospitality venues to ensure a peaceful night and that will continue today.”

“It’s vital that we don’t lose track of how far we have come and all act responsibly and play our part to minimise the spread of Coronavirus,” he added.

A&E doctors have expressed their thanks to the majority of pub-goers for drinking responsibly on Saturday night, saying that fears A&E departments could be overwhelmed “do not seem to have come to pass”.

The president of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine, Dr Katherine Henderson, said anecdotal reports from around the country “suggest [emergency departments] have coped well”.

“However, we will not know for certain for a few weeks, both in terms of attendance and Covid-19 cases, until figures are published,” she added.”

Henderson also criticised the “complete disregard for social distancing” seen in “small pockets” across the country, including as shown in these images from Soho in London.

“We hope those involved understand they must not visit their elderly relatives or any vulnerable people who could come to serious harm from the virus,” she said.

“As the pictures show, and as the chair of the Police Federation has said, it is crystal clear that drunk people cannot socially distance, and more work will be needed to figure out ways to enforce it.

She also reminded people the NHS was “still vulnerable” during the ongoing pandemic.

“On its 72nd birthday, we remind the public that the NHS is still vulnerable and that individuals have a part to play in protecting it by not going to extremes.”

Sunday afternoon why ever not
View attachment 222636

could not see 1 person with a mask and quote of the day The head of the Police Federation said it was "crystal clear" drunk people would not adhere to social distancing rules

Yes Soho etc was deplorable.
However, it's the cities that the media concentrates on.
Were there any film crews in my town on Saturday, of course not because there was nothing to make headline news.
Hardly striking news, TWO PUBS DECIDED NOT TO OPEN...............THREE PUBS HAD 30 CUSTOMERS EACH ENJOYING CHATTING OVER A FEW DRINK........................
Would not have had people buying many newspapers would it.

And our dentist and doctor are still closed.

They're opening shit in the wrong order imho.

Though I guess I can understand why a dentist might not want to open.

I get good service from my doctors at the moment via phone.
Dentist not tried.

Pubs open again, love it.
Barbers are open, but try getting your beard trimmed, no fucker wants to know........
I can see the point, if you are supposed to wear a mask while they do your hair how the fuck can they shave a beard off..............:18:

Back
Top Bottom