What's new

Would you grass a neighbour up for breaking the lockdown rules?

....people walking around in shops without masks and the so-called staff do fuck all about it even though they have signs up saying you need to wear a mask and not one person has a thing to say there exempt like thete supposed to show

Where I work we’ve had hardly anyone in without a mask on. The odd few I’ve served without them have very apologetically explained that they’re unable to wear them for health reasons. We can remind people that they’re supposed to be wearing masks but we’re not the police, we have no authority to enforce it! It’s a no-win situation for staff - do we want to be accused of discrimination, or risk potential violence, by trying to enforce something we have no legal power over.... all for shitty pay?

Where I work we’ve had hardly anyone in without a mask on. The odd few I’ve served without them have very apologetically explained that they’re unable to wear them for health reasons. We can remind people that they’re supposed to be wearing masks but we’re not the police, we have no authority to enforce it! It’s a no-win situation for staff - do we want to be accused of discrimination, or risk potential violence, by trying to enforce something we have no legal power over.... all for shitty pay?

Exactly this. It is totally unenforceable as you can’t challenge anyone for fear of being in breach of the Equalities Act. If this is going to continue then there needs to be some identity scheme for people who are genuinely exempt, and I say this as someone who has no love for identity cards as a rule.

Something needs to be done to stop the idiots and conspiracy theorists.

i think there must be a lot
of variation from one place to another. i’ve not seem a single person without a mask in a shop since they introduced it. apart from staff in some shops. but never customers, everybody has a face covering, rare even to see somebody using a scarf or something else.

Brits and rules eh? It doesn't matter what the rule is, if I have to follow it, you do too. We're a bunch of vindictive cunts.
When there's no rule everyone is happy. As soon as someone breaks a rule someone else will lose their shit.

... life is so much easier when we have fewer rules.

i think there must be a lot
of variation from one place to another. i’ve not seem a single person without a mask in a shop since they introduced it. apart from staff in some shops. but never customers, everybody has a face covering, rare even to see somebody using a scarf or something else.

I noticed that in Scotland, they are dealing with Covid far far better than England... Think I even made a thread on it.

Nah man, snitches get stiches.... once you start that grassing shit it never ends well.... ( are you comfortable being a grass) some folks grassed up the jews, some folks hid them, don't allow this government to make you a grass.... deal with it another way.

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't.

Would you be even thinking about it if you didn't dislike them already?

I get it, I have great neighbors who I really like and get on with and one that annoys the hell out of me (and everyone else in the near vicinity) but unless I would be prepared to dob the nice neighbors in (which I wouldn't be) then I would have to really question my motives.

I get some people are annoyed & frustrated at the situation
& some people are deliberately flouting, no blatantly breaking the rules etc...
(and at times no regard for anybody else)

But this possible hysteria is really starting to bring out the worst in people
from informing on others
to strong opinions to near compulsory vaccination

For the record I don't know if I would, almost certainly not
but unless I snapped & felt compelled to contact authorities
the answer is probably 98% NO I would not (I guess)

This COVID crap is starting to bring out the ugly side of our society it seems :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom