What's new

Would you grass a neighbour up for breaking the lockdown rules?

But surely if someone is going around knowingly putting others at risk, possibly grave risk and not giving a shit about it, the relevant authorities should be informed so that they can deal with it?

We're not talking about late library books here. Filling a house with people from multiple households has the potential to harm many people via virus transmission.

upload_2020-10-13_9-56-27.png

It is a tetchy subject for sure

But surely if someone is going around knowingly putting others at risk, possibly grave risk and not giving a shit about it, the relevant authorities should be informed so that they can deal with it?

We're not talking about late library books here. Filling a house with people from multiple households has the potential to harm many people via virus transmission.

Agreed.

I dealt with a women a week or so ago who said "I don't believe in masks". She got treated with the same contempt she clearly has for others.

One thing I've noticed on social media in particular is acceptance of Covid and the way to deal with it was split down political lines. Lately... Not so much.

At the beginning you had the anti-vax, conspiricy, lizard people nut jobs on one side screaming Covid wasn't real and it's all Bill Gates fault. Now I'm noticing more people who you would say are on the other side of the political divide saying "Covid isn't too bad", "It's just a power grab by Boris" "It only effects the elderly so I'm alright" ... Probably because their favorite organic, free range, gluten free bar in Hampstead has to close at 10pm.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Man, we've got a B&M down the road, we were in there last week and virtually no cunt had a mask on. Everyone's breathing in your face and down your neck and stuff. I really like B&M as a shop in general, but it's like another world in there, nobody seems to give a shit.

A different world to sainsburys where the punters have some of the most extensive PPE I've seen, more elaborate than some medical staff.

dark-baron-steampunk-full-face-gas-masquerade-mask_480x480.jpg

It clearly says something about our social structure, but not sure what exactly.

I feel sorry for the staff at B&M. It's ridiculous to expect them to enforce that kind of thing... especially when they're probably on minimum wage (not like wfh is an option for them is it?) And yet they're the ones most at risk, working in a place like that.

I don’t have time in my life for policing the actions of others, especially when some rules are based in expediency and not science.

I know what you mean Dunc, I'm beginning to feel like Michael Douglas in Falling Down, it's only a matter of time before someone gets it !!!
I do think Boris and his chums are making the most of the situation, and he seems to be taking the opportunity, to continue Maggie's policy of managed decline for the City of Liverpool !!! You won't get rid of us that easily you Big Blonde Buffoon, the Wicked Witch tried and failed !!! :57:

Nah man, snitches get stiches.... once you start that grassing shit it never ends well.... ( are you comfortable being a grass) some folks grassed up the jews, some folks hid them, don't allow this government to make you a grass.... deal with it another way.

i’m no sure. if some random stranger was stoatin up and down your garden path with a broken bottle in one hand and a knife in the other shoutin “come oot ya bastard” would you not phone the polis?

Man, we've got a B&M down the road, we were in there last week and virtually no cunt had a mask on. Everyone's breathing in your face and down your neck and stuff. I really like B&M as a shop in general, but it's like another world in there, nobody seems to give a shit.

A different world to sainsburys where the punters have some of the most extensive PPE I've seen, more elaborate than some medical staff.

dark-baron-steampunk-full-face-gas-masquerade-mask_480x480.jpg

It clearly says something about our social structure, but not sure what exactly.

I feel sorry for the staff at B&M. It's ridiculous to expect them to enforce that kind of thing... especially when they're probably on minimum wage (not like wfh is an option for them is it?) And yet they're the ones most at risk, working in a place like that.

you want to get yourself to a waitrose, they even have the staff disinfecting the baskets and trolleys between each customer. i alternate between there and lidl as far as supermarkets. they are like opposite worlds.

you want to get yourself to a waitrose, they even have the staff disinfecting the baskets and trolleys between each customer. i alternate between there and lidl as far as supermarkets. they are like opposite worlds.
God bless waitrose. We used to have one near hear til they closed it down.
They cleaned all the baskets and trolleys and stuff at sainsburys too for the first few weeks, but it seems they can't be arsed any more.

We should be grassing really, just heard on the radio a shisha bar in Brum's been fined 10 grand for having 250 people in, it's stuff like that that gets on my tits because this'll never end with the "carry on as normal" attitude.

Wether I'd grass a neighbour or not, I'd say I would but would probably bottle it & have a moan about it instead

Back
Top Bottom