What's new

Zeus tank z0.25 Dual Coil - only 350 puffs

ScotlandsBest

Initiate
So I am using the Zeus tank with the z0.25 dual coils from geekvape and I am only getting 350 puff per coil. I was using 0.2 z2 coils and getting 750. This is absolutely unacceptable, it's costing me an arm and a leg. I was better off smoking. How are people getting multi 1000s of puff per coil?!

I am using the vape juice in the picture along with the NIC shot in the other pictures I uploaded. I love 2 nic shots into the 50 or 60ml bottle and fill it with the bubblegum flavour. I shake well and let it settle before use.

Yes I prime, yes I increase in increments.

I've almost had it with the whole thing but thought I would try get advice that doesn't cost a fortune like the vape shops who do anything to squeeze you for more cash.

They recommend I use the designated watts(70w) up from the 30w I was using before. This cut my puffs by about half. Terrible advice. I'm now using 45w for the 0.25 coils. I only tried one coil of the 0.25 but it was dead after 350 puffs.

Is it the type of juice or what? If I bought the expensive juice from the vape shop would it save me money in the long run(ecig liquid rather than shortfill)?

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_210032.jpg
    IMG_20210925_210032.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20210925_210029.jpg
    IMG_20210925_210029.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20210925_210101.jpg
    IMG_20210925_210101.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20210925_210057.jpg
    IMG_20210925_210057.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20210925_210112.jpg
    IMG_20210925_210112.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20210925_210145.jpg
    IMG_20210925_210145.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
I also get air bubbles around the intake constantly. I suspect this is partly the reason but I can't even get most of the parts, apart as they're glued together basically. The box has some rubber rings and stuff but I don't have a clue where they need to go. Could this be the issue?

Will it cost money to get a shop to fix it and if so how much/will it be worth the money?

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_210903.jpg
    IMG_20210925_210903.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
I think the problem you are getting is that the straight glass is restricting the tanks airflow. I'm sure I have read others saying this can happen on the Zeus tank (and the big bubbles are the tank wicking). This is causing the cotton to get burnt.

Simple solution is to get the bubble glass. That's what I did when I got the TPD version of the Zeus, I have not used the straight glass. You can pick one up for a few quid.

As far as the tank being glued together. It isn't, but it is extremely resistant to the glass being removed the first time. The easiest way is to remove the bottom and top, as well as the air flow ring and then push you thumb or finger up through the coil end while holding the glass firmly and use a little force (but not too much). It will come apart.

Hopefully a bubble glass will solve the issue. Good luck!

I think the problem you are getting is that the straight glass is restricting the tanks airflow. I'm sure I have read others saying this can happen on the Zeus tank (and the big bubbles are the tank wicking). This is causing the cotton to get burnt.

Simple solution is to get the bubble glass. That's what I did when I got the TPD version of the Zeus, I have not used the straight glass. You can pick one up for a few quid.

As far as the tank being glued together. It isn't, but it is extremely resistant to the glass being removed the first time. The easiest way is to remove the bottom and top, as well as the air flow ring and then push you thumb or finger up through the coil end while holding the glass firmly and use a little force (but not too much). It will come apart.

Hopefully a bubble glass will solve the issue. Good luck!
But it never used to do this and I was getting a lot more puffs for each coil. I smashed the glass and had to replace it. Its not a matter of it being tight as I've unscrewed each section many tes before, after not doing it for a long time they have gotten stuck together. I can literally only change coils by twisting the whole thing and the part with the coil unscrews while the next part stays stuck too the aegis.

I've tried and tried, it will not come apart.

I'll try the bubble glass but as it worked better with the straight glass I don't think that is the issue.

Thanks buddy.

@ScotlandsBest My apologies, I misunderstood your description. My tip, when you get the bubble glass take the tank completely apart and give it a jolly good clean. Sounds like you have it a bit clogged up :)

P.S. I clean my tanks every time I change the coil

Last edited:
Also what is the juice 80/20 or 70/30. If its any thicker that 70/30 i would not use it in those coils, i would say a 50/50 would be better :)

Also what is the juice 80/20 or 70/30. If its any thicker that 70/30 i would not use it in those coils, i would say a 50/50 would be better :)
70/30

I just woke up and after 97 puffs this coil tastes garbage. Second time using these coils and it never tasted great to begin with. Can't be knock off coils out of vpz shop?

They set me back £15 for 5 coils and I've had less than 450 puff out of 2 of them.

I don't understand the problem. I definitely primed correctly. I'm going to just buy a pouch of baccy when the shop opens. Its meant to save me money or at the very least be the same with better health benefits. Going to try my hand at a refund on the coils as well. Knowing my luck they'll install one and it'll be the first out of the 5 that performs well. (Z0.25 geekvape coils)

I used to get 1000-2000 but my memory is garbage and I can't remember what's changed since then. I knocked the vape from standing position to sideward and the glass smashed but I can't see that being a problem.

I've never cleaned the tank, could that be causing the issue?

-----Advice on prying open a very very tight set up that doesnt budge even with a towel for extra grip? I'll steep the whole thing in warm water and scrub with an old tooth brush and try replace all the orings and rubber that I have spare----

I'll get back to you guys. I'll try this before getting back on the fagerettes!

Your plan for cleaning the tank sounds good to me, it is what I would do with a stubborn tank.

Given that it all used to work well for you with the Z 0.2 coils, it could well be that the 0.25 coils don't work for your vaping style (everyone is different). Is there a reason you changed the coil type?

Definitely worth seeing if a good clean sorts it out for you. Looking forward to seeing how it affects the setup.

Good luck!

strange, take apart what you can then put the rest in hot water and leave to soak for a few mins, then take out and use a towel again. You should keep your tank clean. A bubble glass would help, as i have a Zues tank too.

Your plan for cleaning the tank sounds good to me, it is what I would do with a stubborn tank.

Given that it all used to work well for you with the Z 0.2 coils, it could well be that the 0.25 coils don't work for your vaping style (everyone is different). Is there a reason you changed the coil type?

Definitely worth seeing if a good clean sorts it out for you. Looking forward to seeing how it affects the setup.

Good luck!
I never had better luck with the higher coils, I was getting double.(350 0.25 and 750 0.2, only got 97 out the most recent 0.25) Still nowhere near optimal. I guess it must be the juice that's killing the coils, I'll try switching to more expensive juice but it's really putting me off as I am saving for rent as something's coming up that may mean I can't earn money/live at my house and may need to lay tent upfront for X amount of time. All these little expenses are adding up.

strange, take apart what you can then put the rest in hot water and leave to soak for a few mins, then take out and use a towel again. You should keep your tank clean. A bubble glass would help, as i have a Zues tank too.
How long have you had it?

I saw now gunk and no problems when I opened and cleaned. I saw a tutorial telling me to scrape some cotton off the coil to allow it to flow better and also injected a hole in the center of each opening. Only tried on an already dull after 97 hits puff. Waiting for it to prime again, doubt it needs to as it was already wet.

I'll also try on a new coil but regardless I shouldn't be going through 3 coils for less than 1000 hits. It has to do with the air bubbles around the intake. This blocks juice from the coil and burns the coils quickly. I have looked and looked and found no solution. As I said, all is well with the O-Rings and tank has no visible damage.

Going to order bubble glass for the tank to see if it improves as £6 with postage included is cheaper than a new tank(which I am seriously debating getting because I should not be having this problem. Also the Aegis module USB charger broke after 10 months, 1 month after the warranty ran out. Piss take mun!)

I know I said it before but at this rate I'm financially better off smoking Rollie's. If it means having to buy expensive juice just to get it to work properly, or a new tank, shit even £6 on the new glass when added on top of the £15 coils and £20 juice/nicotine(albeit a large supply of juice/nicotine). Thats like 4 week's worth of baccy already. The coils are lasting less than a week, less than 2 weeks on the higher coils. Unacceptable.

Back
Top Bottom