What's new

Zeus X rta no flavour

Hi I recently brought a zeus X rta I have built it doing and started using it but there doesn't seem to be any flavour.
I have cut the coils to 4.5m and raised them off the deck so they are inline with the air holes.
Put the cotton through using cotton bacon there is slight resistance but can move it back and thorth without moving the coil.

Any suggestions with be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

Hated that rta right from the off and unloaded it within a week, but someone will be along shortly to offer advice, I'm sure. I know others liked it.

What is the resistance of the coils, what type are they and what wattage are you running it at?

Edit - the Zeus X has very large air inlet ports, fully open it will be a flavourless cloud chucker. Try closing them down about halfway and experiment with the airflow from there.

Last edited:
What is the resistance of the coils, what type are they and what wattage are you running it at?

Edit - the Zeus X has very large air inlet ports, fully open it will be a flavourless cloud chucker. Try closing them down about halfway and experiment with the airflow from there.

Thanks for the quick replies.

The coil is what came with the zeus they are reading 0.08ohms and I'm running 40w to 58w airflow is about half way maybe alittle under.

Thanks for the quick replies.

The coil is what came with the zeus they are reading 0.08ohms and I'm running 40w to 58w airflow is about half way maybe alittle under.

0.08 ohms seems suspiciously low - did you check for hotspots and strum the coils when you fitted and glowed them? Normally the supplied coils come out at around 0.18 so either the supplied coils have changed or there is a problem with the ones you are using.

To be honest 58 watts probably isn't enough for a dual coil set-up. I suggest about 70.

0.08 ohms seems suspiciously low - did you check for hotspots and strum the coils when you fitted and glowed them? Normally the supplied coils come out at around 0.18 so either the supplied coils have changed or there is a problem with the ones you are using.

To be honest 58 watts probably isn't enough for a dual coil set-up. I suggest about 70.

Yes I heated the coils and strummed them to get rid of all the hot spots did everything you should normally do they where glowing evenly.
If I go any higher that 80w I always get a slight burnt taste.
I am thinking of just replacing the coils as I have heard bad things about the ones supplied with the tank. Which ones would you recommend?

0.19 Ohms sounds about right - possibly uou have a slightly loose connection on the deck. I would advise checking the positive pin on the 510 also as anything loose will cause different ohm readings which changes the power to the coils as the mod cannot read the resistance properly,

0.19 Ohms sounds about right - possibly uou have a slightly loose connection on the deck. I would advise checking the positive pin on the 510 also as anything loose will cause different ohm readings which changes the power to the coils as the mod cannot read the resistance properly,

I have just took the deck off and everything is as tight as it should be.
I have tried as you said going up to 70w and all I get is a dry hit. I am getting bubble like nothing else on 70w and the cotton was wicking well.
Would it be best to brake it down and re build with different coils?

If it is wicking well but you are dry hitting, it may mean the centre of the cotton has burnt through in the middle (it may have been too loose and collapsed, or burnt through). If you check the build deck and the cotton pulls out of the coils in 2 parts, this is what has happened. On a positive note - if it is wicking well you have put the right amount of cotton in the juice ports.

Back
Top Bottom