What's new

rda builds question

Hunter is decent but consider something with a velocity style deck as it makes building much easier.
X cube and batteries are good.

I mentioned wire as different gauges will effect the ramp up time of the coil. If you use claptons for example, you use the gauge of the core wire to work out the resistance. I use clapton wire that has a core of 24g wrapped in 32g. The resistance of the clapton wire is the same as it would be if it was just 24g but the ramp up time is slower so you would need to chuck more power through to get the same ramp up time.

To start with I'd recommend 24g and build a bit lower than .5. Here's a dual 24g build in my Yep. It's 6 wraps of 24g wrapped around a 2.5mm drill bit. Reads as .25 and I vape it at 85w.
The Ohms law calculator says that should be drawing 70.5w. That's the beauty of dripping with a regulated mod. Can chuck more power at it.
A lot of it is personal preference. :)

View attachment 94151

Amazing thank you so much for the help !!

Hopefully I can start dripping soon as it looks a lot better than using 1 flavour for a whole tank! :p

Hunter is decent but consider something with a velocity style deck as it makes building much easier.
X cube and batteries are good.

I mentioned wire as different gauges will effect the ramp up time of the coil. If you use claptons for example, you use the gauge of the core wire to work out the resistance. I use clapton wire that has a core of 24g wrapped in 32g. The resistance of the clapton wire is the same as it would be if it was just 24g but the ramp up time is slower so you would need to chuck more power through to get the same ramp up time.

To start with I'd recommend 24g and build a bit lower than .5. Here's a dual 24g build in my Yep. It's 6 wraps of 24g wrapped around a 2.5mm drill bit. Reads as .25 and I vape it at 85w.
The Ohms law calculator says that should be drawing 70.5w. That's the beauty of dripping with a regulated mod. Can chuck more power at it.
A lot of it is personal preference. :)

View attachment 94151

What material wire is it you are using or does it not matter? Also do you have a suggestion for building tools + wire & cotton?

What material wire is it you are using or does it not matter? Also do you have a suggestion for building tools + wire & cotton?

Kanthal wire - http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/produ...ron---24-AWG-----FeCrAl-alloy--22.html#SID=58

Other types of wire can be used but ONLY with Temperature control. I don't bother with TC personally I prefer Kanthal.

In terms of building tools I use the following -

Ohm reader
Needle nose tweezers
Ceramic nose tweezers
A variety of small screwdrivers - 2mm, 2.5mm and 3mm
Flush wire snips
A good, sharp pair of scissors for cutting cotton
Needle nose pliers

For wick I use Cotton Bacon V2. :)

Wattage mode wires:
Kanthal, nichrome 80, stainless steel, chaos, anarchist
Temperature wires: nickel (ni200), titanium, stainless steel

Kanthal isn't the only wire you can use for wattage @NavahoJoe

Things you'll need to build your coils:
Wire cutters, assorted drill bits (2.5mm and 3mm) are most common depending on preference.
Screwdriver (for screws on Atty, it may be an Allen key)
Chosen wire (24 or 26 gauge are most common for new builders)
Scissors for wick
I use either cotton bacon or muji

Don't worry pal I steer clear of TC as well, just a gimmick I find, more satisfying on wattage mode with n80

It wasn't bad advice as such :)

Kanthal wire - http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/produ...ron---24-AWG-----FeCrAl-alloy--22.html#SID=58

Other types of wire can be used but ONLY with Temperature control. I don't bother with TC personally I prefer Kanthal.

In terms of building tools I use the following -

Ohm reader
Needle nose tweezers
Ceramic nose tweezers
A variety of small screwdrivers - 2mm, 2.5mm and 3mm
Flush wire snips
A good, sharp pair of scissors for cutting cotton
Needle nose pliers

For wick I use Cotton Bacon V2. :)

Thanks so much for the advice. Have ordered a Coil Master V2 (looks like it has almost everything) and a GeekVape Tsunami (Apparently good and also easy to build). I hope this is the beginning of my dripping venture as I've been wanting to get into it for a while but didn't have the money to spend until a few beers down and then money becomes less valuable... ;)

Just had a look. It's personal preference at the end of the day but I would also order some cotton bacon v2. It's much better than standard Japanese cotton IMO.

Back
Top Bottom