What's new

Sunken 510 pin on Zero clone.

@HAZZA1962 no, I didn't know that! Thank God for you apes, that's a big help. And why I came straight here and asked before doing anything else! Thank you! :D

Not out of the woods yet, though. If I screw the pin high enough to reach the atty it's wobbly, and I just tried to vape it and the hit was eeeeeeevil so something's not working right.

@crustyfolker they're now out of stock of these, so I'm hoping to God I can get it fixed! Thanks. :)
Good luck fixing it then hope you get it working right. Come on you apes do a lady a favour maybe @joe clay could help,

They're not so daunting to fiddle with after you have tried it. Just pop the top and bottom screws off and you should be able to move the inner frame. Just be careful not to be too rough as with some boards they attach the negative to the frame with a pin.

Thanks guys - seemed to be a combined problem of the threads for the pin being too low and then the solder from the wire connection being too high. I've managed to raise the pin now I'm turning it the right way (daft bint!!) and nicked an insulator from an old Nautilus coil to make sure the solder can't touch anything it shouldn't.

All working correctly now. Thanks for all the advice and support! :D

I will, however, still contact FT as I shouldn't have had to do any of this. There was NO WAY I was going to send it back though ..... it's mine .... my precious ..... :P

Glad that's sorted, the old reverse thread, still makes makes my head confused.
There is nothing like fixing a mod and then feeling elation on the inhale.
Best mods for me are the fixer uppers, they is special.

:yahoo:Glad to hear you got it sorted out @Crewella , but what a pita!! Hope you get some kind of compen from FT, you must have been gutted when it didn't work as expected.

EDIT: I should read the whole thread before posting.

Glad you have it sorted kind of @Crewella , it is a nice looking mod you have there, enjoy it if it works properly :).

Get on to fast tech ASAP though and try to get a replacement if there is issues like you mention. You should be able to, although it may take a little while from my own experiences.

Fasttech are asking for more info, and I'm just trying to work out what it SHOULD look like. @Rob and @HAZZA1962 is the wiring to the 510 pin on yours clearly visible next to the pin, like it is on mine? I feel like there should be some sort of insulator there .... but I guess I could be wrong? Sorry to be a pest. Thanks :10:

Oh the temptation............ But I shall resist!! :)

@Crewella on mine you cannot see anything apart from the Pin and the insulator that it screws down into.;)
Now without sounding like a complete arse.......... None of mine came from ft so I have no idea what they might deem as being acceptable :20:

Oh the temptation............ But I shall resist!! :)

@Crewella on mine you cannot see anything apart from the Pin and the insulator that it screws down into.;)
Now without sounding like a complete arse.......... None of mine came from ft so I have no idea what they might deem as being acceptable :20:
Thank you Rob, you're a star, as always. :10:

And I absolutely take your point. The bottom line is I got it cheap, I've made it work and I'm happy - I knew the risks of buying on FT and I took it on in full knowledge of what I might be in for. I'm thrilled to have got my hands on one, and now they're out of stock again I'll need a lot of persuading to send it back, believe me. On the other hand, I'm not going to lie down and let them mug me - I don't mind spending the time going through the warranty process, so I might as well give it a try and see where it takes me. ;)

I just wanted to get my facts straight and make sure I was being fair, so I really appreciate your input. :thankssign:

Back
Top Bottom