What's new

Caravala-inapantina Copyishof something ish

Yup :D If you can wiggle the top bit free, I pushed the bottom bit out with the blunt end of a jewellers screwdriver

Yup :D If you can wiggle the top bit free, I pushed the bottom bit out with the blunt end of a jewellers screwdriver

I've been wiggling more than a belly dancer.

No thread then?

It's out with the rubber gloves for me to get some purchase...but bugger me this thing is locked together.

Yup that glue they use is bloody good stuff, I don't get why they glue everything the whole idea of a mech is so you can take it to bits to clean/service the damn things
I've taken both the #19 and #8w glued switches apart ... with a lot of swearing and anguish and replaced the springs in both and shortened the throw on the #19 .
What I've discovered though is what may be a design flaw that they've tried to correct later by adding the glue.
Without the pressure of the spring that it comes with, these buttons are really wobbly and won't stand up straight without the locking ring in place. The stronger spring pushed it out enough to keep it straight in its housing. However, with the stronger spring, the tiny threads that connect the firing pin to the button aren't very strong.
My guess is Sigelei had a looser spring originally, then realised it wasn't sturdy enough. They then replaced with a stronger spring and realised that this left a risk of the button coming loose from the firing pin, so as a last measure, they glued the f###ers up and shipped them out.
At least, that's the only logical explanation I can find for these buttons!
j

I've taken both the #19 and #8w glued switches apart ... with a lot of swearing and anguish and replaced the springs in both and shortened the throw on the #19 .
What I've discovered though is what may be a design flaw that they've tried to correct later by adding the glue.
Without the pressure of the spring that it comes with, these buttons are really wobbly and won't stand up straight without the locking ring in place. The stronger spring pushed it out enough to keep it straight in its housing. However, with the stronger spring, the tiny threads that connect the firing pin to the button aren't very strong.
My guess is Sigelei had a looser spring originally, then realised it wasn't sturdy enough. They then replaced with a stronger spring and realised that this left a risk of the button coming loose from the firing pin, so as a last measure, they glued the f###ers up and shipped them out.
At least, that's the only logical explanation I can find for these buttons!
j
Can I ask how you got it open please?

Have you managed to crack one open?
Try holding it over a gas flame for a while, just long enough so it gets hot but not long enough to melt the black delrin seal (or whatever it is).
Do this a few times and have something ready to get a good grip on the knurled firing pin and the very bottom disc when you take it off the heat. Hold the bottom and twist the firing pin anti clockwise.
This worked really easily for me, it just unscrewed no problem......but I had boiled it, frozen it, hit it with a hammer et al before that... so it could have been a combination.
j

Back
Top Bottom