What's new

Review VAPEFLY...CORE RTA...review!

joe clay

Veteran
This review is of my own thoughts and in no way am i influenced by this vape company or any other company for that matter.
I have been sent these for me to review this product and to give you the vaping community my honest and true thoughts regarding any product i review, i have NOT been paid or am i likely to recieve any reward for my reviews.

If its good i will tell you and if its bad i will tell you.

On the VAPEFLY CORE RTA box

COMPANY; Vapefly
PRODUCT; CORE RTA
FEATURES; 'Q' airflow system delivery for best flavour:
A cloud monster:
Super easy to build on with single of dual coil;
4ml capacity ( and 2ml version for TPD).
Dia; 25.20mm
Hight; 46.4mm (without driptip)
Tank material; stainless steel
Drip material; PMMA.

Comes in colours; BLACK, STAINLESS, GOLD or RAINBOW.

MOD USED; vaptio super bat
WATTAGE; 60w
COILS; dual claptons @0.42 ohms
COTTON; Cotton bacon prime.

Heres what i think of the NEW Vapefly CORE rta.

I recieved this new CORE rta by vapefly 2 weeks ago and my on my 1st thoughts of look is good with nice looking circuit board design on the coil cover/chimney viewed through the glass, at the bottom of the rta (on either side) is 2 big air slots for air flow with the word; CORE engraved between each air slot.
For juice filling its pretty simple as there is 8 vertical grooves to help undo the top cap for filling, which help quite a bit with grip as theres nothing worse than trying to grip a smooth surface.
Once undone filling is extremely easy with the help of 2 huge filling slots that can accommodate the biggest filling nozzles,
The build deck is a little unique as where each coil sits the base underneath is also concaved to the coil shape with 8 air holes in each one but it does not stop there as in the centre between the posts is another set of air holes 3 each side but these are set and angled towards the centre and downwards and if you look closely through these 3 holes you can see a large air hole in the very centre, i know what your thinking? All these air holes and juice, well wait till i tell you how it affects the vape.
I do like the flathead screws for tightening down the clamps to hold your coil leads, and the clamps rise and lower with each turn of the post screw, but be aware that 'IF' the clamp is at a slight angle when undoing the clamp it 'could' (and i use this term lightly) come off the clamp, but this has not happened to me as i noticed just as i was undoing the screws and anyway if it did pop off it would'nt be hard to find and theres some in the spares bag anyway.
There is a huge channel on the side of each post and this is for placing your cotton wick, i just cut my cotton so it sat on the bottom of the channel but fill all the channel with your cotton.
The top filler cap has a big white/clear rubber washer that helps seal in the juice, there is a 510 adaptor for those of you who prefer to use your favourite 510 driptips.
There is 2x juice slots at the bottom of the juice well for soaking up your favourite juice.
The 510 pin protrudes quite a bit (would be good to see on various other atomisers).
Also comes with plenty of spares; '0' rings, rubber seals, screws and spare clamps.

So lets get this Vapefly CORE rta coiled, wicked and juiced up.

So the juice of choice is; Manabush's Indigene range called; Kona Paka and this is a high VG e-liquid.

Primed the cotton with liquid and screwed the CORE RTA together, now i'm going straight in at 45W with air hole wide open as thats how i normally vape, yes there is lots of flavour and the vapour cloud is impressive but not a cloud monster but its about flavour of the juice as if theres NO flavour whats the point in vaping? But this CORE rta as a lot of flavour but i need to up my wattage to 50W, now we are getting there as clouds are getting bigger and flavour is getting stronger, so it i'm going to 60W....there it is, this is my sweet spot, lots of flavour and cloud that can take on the best of them, remember me saying about all those air holes and juice ie; leaking? Well this RTA has NOT leaked once now i don't know if its my wicking techniques, it could be or maybe not.
Now earlier this week instead of topping up the rta with more juice i decided to not change the cotton But to change my juice to Manabush's Chiricahua Sun that is 50/50 Vg/Pg and yes im getting the same results, tons of flavour and clouds and STILL no leaking have i turned into a cotton wicking G-d? Hahaha i wished.
Now i am a DTL vaper and i haven't tried to MTL for proberbly over 3 years, so lets try something....yes you can MTL if you virtually close the air off but this really is a DTL.
One of my favourite RTA's from a couple years ago was the griffin 25 rta, but sorry you are now kicked into 2nd place as to be honest i am VERY impressed with this CORE rta by VAPEFLY.

My verdict on this RTA is 10/10 (imo)

You can get these at around the $24.99 range which is cheap for an RTA like this.

www.vapefly.net
-or-
www.heavengifts.com

And heres the very sad part...i promised i would give this away on POTV in a giveaway [emoji24] and I DON'T WANT TO give it away because i really like this Core RTA a lot.

But a promise is a promise.

(Sorry for photo placement, not a lot i can do about it)

20180723_153118.jpeg
20180723_153746.jpeg
20180723_153652.jpeg
20180723_153315.jpeg
20180723_153338.jpeg
20180723_153430.jpeg
20180723_153512.jpeg
20180723_154638.jpeg
20180808_213924.jpeg

Nice review. Thank you for taking the time to write up and take the pics.

Quick question from me, have you got/tried the manta rta? If so, which would you rate better?

Great review @joeclay all salient points covered there I think.
But manabush at those crazy high watts?
Gonna have to try that myself!!
Don't really get on with dual coils myself but if one shows up on the cheap i might give it a bash.
Good job
[emoji38]

great review there @joe clay - funny enough was looking at this the other day also. Does it come with the ceramic block in order to make it single coil?

Or are you better running this at duel coil

The pattern on the chimney is a nice touch, something a bit different, rather than the usual name of the rta and a logo.

This review is of my own thoughts and in no way am i influenced by this vape company or any other company for that matter.
I have been sent these for me to review this product and to give you the vaping community my honest and true thoughts regarding any product i review, i have NOT been paid or am i likely to recieve any reward for my reviews.

If its good i will tell you and if its bad i will tell you.

On the VAPEFLY CORE RTA box

COMPANY; Vapefly
PRODUCT; CORE RTA
FEATURES; 'Q' airflow system delivery for best flavour:
A cloud monster:
Super easy to build on with single of dual coil;
4ml capacity ( and 2ml version for TPD).
Dia; 25.20mm
Hight; 46.4mm (without driptip)
Tank material; stainless steel
Drip material; PMMA.

Comes in colours; BLACK, STAINLESS, GOLD or RAINBOW.

MOD USED; vaptio super bat
WATTAGE; 60w
COILS; dual claptons @0.42 ohms
COTTON; Cotton bacon prime.

Heres what i think of the NEW Vapefly CORE rta.

I recieved this new CORE rta by vapefly 2 weeks ago and my on my 1st thoughts of look is good with nice looking circuit board design on the coil cover/chimney viewed through the glass, at the bottom of the rta (on either side) is 2 big air slots for air flow with the word; CORE engraved between each air slot.
For juice filling its pretty simple as there is 8 vertical grooves to help undo the top cap for filling, which help quite a bit with grip as theres nothing worse than trying to grip a smooth surface.
Once undone filling is extremely easy with the help of 2 huge filling slots that can accommodate the biggest filling nozzles,
The build deck is a little unique as where each coil sits the base underneath is also concaved to the coil shape with 8 air holes in each one but it does not stop there as in the centre between the posts is another set of air holes 3 each side but these are set and angled towards the centre and downwards and if you look closely through these 3 holes you can see a large air hole in the very centre, i know what your thinking? All these air holes and juice, well wait till i tell you how it affects the vape.
I do like the flathead screws for tightening down the clamps to hold your coil leads, and the clamps rise and lower with each turn of the post screw, but be aware that 'IF' the clamp is at a slight angle when undoing the clamp it 'could' (and i use this term lightly) come off the clamp, but this has not happened to me as i noticed just as i was undoing the screws and anyway if it did pop off it would'nt be hard to find and theres some in the spares bag anyway.
There is a huge channel on the side of each post and this is for placing your cotton wick, i just cut my cotton so it sat on the bottom of the channel but fill all the channel with your cotton.
The top filler cap has a big white/clear rubber washer that helps seal in the juice, there is a 510 adaptor for those of you who prefer to use your favourite 510 driptips.
There is 2x juice slots at the bottom of the juice well for soaking up your favourite juice.
The 510 pin protrudes quite a bit (would be good to see on various other atomisers).
Also comes with plenty of spares; '0' rings, rubber seals, screws and spare clamps.

So lets get this Vapefly CORE rta coiled, wicked and juiced up.

So the juice of choice is; Manabush's Indigene range called; Kona Paka and this is a high VG e-liquid.

Primed the cotton with liquid and screwed the CORE RTA together, now i'm going straight in at 45W with air hole wide open as thats how i normally vape, yes there is lots of flavour and the vapour cloud is impressive but not a cloud monster but its about flavour of the juice as if theres NO flavour whats the point in vaping? But this CORE rta as a lot of flavour but i need to up my wattage to 50W, now we are getting there as clouds are getting bigger and flavour is getting stronger, so it i'm going to 60W....there it is, this is my sweet spot, lots of flavour and cloud that can take on the best of them, remember me saying about all those air holes and juice ie; leaking? Well this RTA has NOT leaked once now i don't know if its my wicking techniques, it could be or maybe not.
Now earlier this week instead of topping up the rta with more juice i decided to not change the cotton But to change my juice to Manabush's Chiricahua Sun that is 50/50 Vg/Pg and yes im getting the same results, tons of flavour and clouds and STILL no leaking have i turned into a cotton wicking G-d? Hahaha i wished.
Now i am a DTL vaper and i haven't tried to MTL for proberbly over 3 years, so lets try something....yes you can MTL if you virtually close the air off but this really is a DTL.
One of my favourite RTA's from a couple years ago was the griffin 25 rta, but sorry you are now kicked into 2nd place as to be honest i am VERY impressed with this CORE rta by VAPEFLY.

My verdict on this RTA is 10/10 (imo)

You can get these at around the $24.99 range which is cheap for an RTA like this.

www.vapefly.net
-or-
www.heavengifts.com

And heres the very sad part...i promised i would give this away on POTV in a giveaway [emoji24] and I DON'T WANT TO give it away because i really like this Core RTA a lot.

But a promise is a promise.

(Sorry for photo placement, not a lot i can do about it)

View attachment 168671View attachment 168672View attachment 168673View attachment 168674View attachment 168675View attachment 168676View attachment 168677View attachment 168678View attachment 168679
great review joe
it's now on the list :)

if u like it so much no need for a giveaway

keep a hold of it till/if u find something better

Back
Top Bottom