What's new

Advice on single coil build

Ive heard that ss is slightly faster than n80, but n80 is a lot more forgiving as far as overheating. Hence the tc, which is fine for me, my mods all have it
I stand corrected btw, apparently n80 heats up faster, thats what ppl claim anyway

Nevermind, wow, they make 3.5 mm drill bits? Thought it would go from 3 to 4. Now i just gotta find one in the u.s. where we use inches, lol

I stand corrected btw, apparently n80 heats up faster, thats what ppl claim anyway
Oh boy does it. But have a think about Brochrome. (That's flatware Ni80) I run my singles at about .18-.22 as a general rule, using 21g brochrome. If 'hard hitting' is how fast the coil come in, this will knock you flat. I do use 24g too, for lower homages and duals. But the result is the same. The only real problem, is how small even 3mm wraps look, and the fact some attys need a spaced coil to be able to fit. I find, though brochrome is very usable, on a regulated mod, I tend to go for complex coils made of SS, which is fine as I'm trying to master TC.

Oh boy does it. But have a think about Brochrome. (That's flatware Ni80) I run my singles at about .18-.22 as a general rule, using 21g brochrome. If 'hard hitting' is how fast the coil come in, this will knock you flat. I do use 24g too, for lower homages and duals. But the result is the same. The only real problem, is how small even 3mm wraps look, and the fact some attys need a spaced coil to be able to fit. I find, though brochrome is very usable, on a regulated mod, I tend to go for complex coils made of SS, which is fine as I'm trying to master TC.
By flatware do u mean flatwire? Im still trying to figure that stuff out, since it doent come in gauges, it comes in widths and thickness. I was starting to consider a higher guage dual twisted n80 as my best bet, but what is brochrome and where can i get it?

Edit:eek:nce u stop looking at vape stores and go to a wire place like kaybee vapes, u can get 100ft spools for 4 bux, so im game for anything

Damn, is there any converter from gauge to width/thickness?

Back
Top Bottom