What's new

Where to buy a billet box?

I can't understand why folks pay for an Authentic BB when the SXK version can be purchased with a DNA60 chipset. Will the rest of the mod be any better or different No because it works the same it is the chip controlling the device. Why pay £200 extra, it's nonesense. Which is why i think some folks buy the Authentic to show off how much cash they are worth. It's not as if the Authentic has any difference to the clone. Same with bridges all they are is a bit of metal worth pennies and folks pay over £100. crazy. There are some good value bridges like the new Vinci coil bridge is about £7 from 3fvape including the tank section, Boro or whatever you want to call it and i have the Vinci rba waiting. there is a Smok rpm coil bridge and tank, i like the tanks they will be far better than keep faffing with the Boro glass, like a pod the 2 bridges mentioned come with the tank which has a rubber bung for refilling and no glass to break.
Ecigone are selling the DNA60w version for £109 right now

Very interested in acquiring a billet box. Only thing putting me off is air flow. Can you get a decent dl vape from it?

I can't understand why folks pay for an Authentic BB when the SXK version can be purchased with a DNA60 chipset. Will the rest of the mod be any better or different No because it works the same it is the chip controlling the device. Why pay £200 extra, it's nonesense. Which is why i think some folks buy the Authentic to show off how much cash they are worth. It's not as if the Authentic has any difference to the clone. Same with bridges all they are is a bit of metal worth pennies and folks pay over £100. crazy. There are some good value bridges like the new Vinci coil bridge is about £7 from 3fvape including the tank section, Boro or whatever you want to call it and i have the Vinci rba waiting. there is a Smok rpm coil bridge and tank, i like the tanks they will be far better than keep faffing with the Boro glass, like a pod the 2 bridges mentioned come with the tank which has a rubber bung for refilling and no glass to break.
Ecigone are selling the DNA60w version for £109 right now
I have a few clones,and one original but one thing i can say without doubt is without the originals there would be nothing to copy.Also if i spent my time and money designing an original product to help a fellow vapor then i'd be pissed off for it to be copied without any monies coming to me in royalties.

Very interested in acquiring a billet box. Only thing putting me off is air flow. Can you get a decent dl vape from it?

Yes, in short. Both the SXK and the genuine offer superb airflow. I find softer, longer draws work best given the wattage. I DL mine and it’s a perfect vape for me.

Out of curiosity, what’s a good bridge for dl at about 45 watts? The sxk one comes with one so I’ll use that, but is there a better one available?

Vapesnail is the best I’ve tried. The Truss also works really well for DL. The boxxer V2 is also very airy but, in my view, doesn’t offer the quality of the Vapesnail.

If you are going for the SXK first by the way (which I recommend) I’d definitely invest in the DNA 60w version. Much better quality and the performance is essentially what you’ll be getting if you then invest in a genuine one

I have a few clones,and one original but one thing i can say without doubt is without the originals there would be nothing to copy.Also if i spent my time and money designing an original product to help a fellow vapor then i'd be pissed off for it to be copied without any monies coming to me in royalties.

Luckily for some the clones are affordable the authentic is not, now my mind is on my own pocket so i got the DNA60 clone. Maybe those who spend their time and money designing a product should be more realistic price wise, patenting their design which costs money and will add to the cost but it's a must to protect the design so it probably isn't viable. Money is needed to make a living but there is making a profit and there's taking the Michael. It depends on how you see it and which side of it your on. I also don't like the phrase "high End" it is a disguise for expensive and higher profit or a name.

I have a couple of SXKs and a few authentics - for me it's about the doors - maybe things have got better, but the doors don't fit snugly and wobble on my SXKs. They also have sharper edges, great for catching beard hair - but a few minutes with my girlfriend's nail polisher sorted that out

I was fortunate, I bought all my authentic Billet Boxes broken, and fixed them. I've sold a couple so I think I've even made my money back

Having fixed a lot of Billet Boxes for other people, I would say that the fire switch PCB on the SXK is superior. It has proper wire to connect to the board rather than using copper trace - and epoxy. Conversely, the positive pin is better sealed on the authentics

Luckily for some the clones are affordable the authentic is not, now my mind is on my own pocket so i got the DNA60 clone. Maybe those who spend their time and money designing a product should be more realistic price wise, patenting their design which costs money and will add to the cost but it's a must to protect the design so it probably isn't viable. Money is needed to make a living but there is making a profit and there's taking the Michael. It depends on how you see it and which side of it your on. I also don't like the phrase "high End" it is a disguise for expensive and higher profit or a name.

Fortunately the makers of the BB don’t seem to have trouble shifting their product. But given the number that they want to/are able to produce, the cost and their popularity cloning was inevitable. The SXK DNA 60w is actually very good in my experience. I get essentially the same quality of vape as I do with the genuine BB. I feel the same way about the bridges where I don’t see much difference between the genuine models which are, for what they are, very expensive and the clones

Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely jumping down the rabbit hole now. I don't mind original or clone. Just getting one is hard. Don't want just black.

I have a couple of SXKs and a few authentics - for me it's about the doors - maybe things have got better, but the doors don't fit snugly and wobble on my SXKs. They also have sharper edges, great for catching beard hair - but a few minutes with my girlfriend's nail polisher sorted that out

I was fortunate, I bought all my authentic Billet Boxes broken, and fixed them. I've sold a couple so I think I've even made my money back

Having fixed a lot of Billet Boxes for other people, I would say that the fire switch PCB on the SXK is superior. It has proper wire to connect to the board rather than using copper trace - and epoxy. Conversely, the positive pin is better sealed on the authentics

the doors on the one I’ve just bought are rock solid, although I have read about older ones being a bit wobbly and some coming with magnets the wrong way so that replacement doors didn’t work. Door fit is the one concern that stops me from Seriously thinking about getting some after market doors.

My only complaint is that the button is a bit of a let down. It’s just a little too small for the surround and has some lateral movement.

can’t comment on whether the overall build is on a par with an original but not having held an OG, I’m blissfully ignorant of any shortcomings of the sxk!

Edit: forgot. The drip tip on the sxk feels horrible. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom