What's new

Northern Ireland

Nom Nomz, who are in Northern Ireland are shipping (ok) to the UK mainland, how strange it cant work the other way around, what a fuck up.

Nom Nomz, who are in Northern Ireland are shipping (ok) to the UK mainland, how strange it cant work the other way around, what a fuck up.
Complete shambles. I'm not ashamed to say I voted for brexit but this isn't brexit.

If you get really stuck, Give me a PM.

AFAIK, if I was to send a small parcel to over NI it would be the same as sending it anywhere else in the UK right? ;)
Correct. Thanks, I might take you up on that offer if I can't satisfy my vaping needs. I actually placed an order on their site before realising they where not shipping to NI. Payment has been taking and order has been processed. Let's see what happens.
If you get really stuck, Give me a PM.

AFAIK, if I was to send a small parcel to over NI it would be the same as sending it anywhere else in the UK right? ;)

Eliquid is not listed on the prohibited list;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sending...britain-and-northern-ireland#goods-prohibited

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sending-parcels-between-great-britain-and-northern-ireland

Northern Ireland residents receiving goods from Great Britain

If you are a Northern Ireland resident consumer, you can continue to receive goods from Great Britain with no new requirements.

In almost all cases, goods sent to consumers will not require a customs declaration.

Declarations will only usually be required where the goods are either:
  • prohibited or restricted
  • being sent from a business to another business where the value of the good is greater than £135.00

On first reading I thought the guidance was fairly simple and carry on as before.
But this bit is as clear as mud in the Irish Sea...

"For all other movement types, for example business to consumer and consumer to consumer, we will not be making changes on 1 April as previously planned. Instead businesses and carriers will have 6 months to prepare for new customs declaration requirements, from the date of the publication of guidance on these arrangements in due course."

Which fucking April? Are businesses carrying on as before while preparing? Or not carrying on as before but preparing anyway, just in case.
At least Sir Humphrey was competent in the art of fuckupery.
:)

So wait, i dont understand, northern ireland is still part of the eu, but everything they get has to pass uk customs laws?

Nevermind, i think i get it. It can pass thru the uk, it just cant originate from there?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom