What's new

Northern Ireland

Im not asking for an explanation, but now my question is, why on earth would the eu border ever be placed between RoI and NI if NI is now back in the uk.

Dont answer, im sure thats the 'elephant in the room' argument. If i wanna know more ill go look it up.

Maybe i need to look at a globe to understand better

Don't even try to understand it, Ireland is very complicated.

you would need to erase the one between ireland and northern ireland.
Gotcha...so NI is now completely surrounded by a hard border belonging to the eu not able to get goods from roi or the uk

Gotcha...so NI is now completely surrounded by a hard border belonging to the eu not able to get goods from roi or the uk

no. it can get goods from ireland, and can get goods from uk but they need to clear customs checks.

no. it can get goods from ireland, and can get goods from uk but they need to clear customs checks.
Yeah, i understand. I meant freely. I didnt think u guys were barricading em all in n letting em go all hunger games on each other.

But this is how they drew the lines? U cant just ship directly thru belfast?
View attachment 242614
Shipping from, for example, London to Belfast shouldn't be a problem as it's the same country but apparently either the EU or UK or both have totally fucked up the practical side of things because of the NI/ROI border.
I'm as baffled as you, mate.
:)

Oh ffs, i give up, lol

having a hard border between ireland and northern ireland was seen as something that could reignite trouble. the only solution they could come up with was to shift the border to the sea and effectively leave NI in the EU, although it’s officially part of UK.

having a hard border between ireland and northern ireland was seen as something that could reignite trouble. the only solution they could come up with was to shift the border to the sea and effectively leave NI in the EU, although it’s officially part of UK.
The irony is by shifting the border to the Irish sea will only reignite trouble. I look forward to the day the EU crumbles.

Back
Top Bottom