What's new

Northern Ireland

So wait, i dont understand, northern ireland is still part of the eu, but everything they get has to pass uk customs laws?
Without going into too much detail. Northern Ireland is no longer part of the EU and still part of the UK. The problem is instead of the EU border being placed between NI and the Republic of Ireland it was placed in the Irish sea between GB and NI.

Without going into too much detail. Northern Ireland is no longer part of the EU and still part of the UK. The problem is instead of the EU border being placed between NI and the Republic of Ireland it was placed in the Irish sea between GB and NI.
Im not asking for an explanation, but now my question is, why on earth would the eu border ever be placed between RoI and NI if NI is now back in the uk.

Dont answer, im sure thats the 'elephant in the room' argument. If i wanna know more ill go look it up.

Maybe i need to look at a globe to understand better

Im not asking for an explanation, but now my question is, why on earth would the eu border ever be placed between RoI and NI if NI is now back in the uk.

Dont answer, im sure thats the 'elephant in the room' argument. If i wanna know more ill go look it up.

Maybe i need to look at a globe to understand better

because RoI is in the EU and NI isn’t.

Ohhhhhhh...
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

I thought ireland was part of the uk again (or now were). My bad
Northern Ireland is part of the uk but southern Ireland isn't.
Trouble is if southern Ireland is part of the EU it's got the uk and Northern ireland in it's way between it and the EU.

Northern Ireland is part of the uk but southern Ireland isn't.
Trouble is if southern Ireland is part of the EU it's got the uk and Northern ireland in it's way between it and the EU.
Seems like it would be a bigger prob to have what is effectively the entire nation of europe inbetween the uk and NI

Whatever, ill stop asking questions, i dont even know whats happening here anymore.

Seems like it would be a bigger prob to have what is effectively the entire nation of europe inbetween the uk and NI

europe isn’t a nation. all that is between NI and UK is the sea. but this is now a border.

Pre-Brexit, when it was all EU, the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland was effectively "soft".
Post-Brexit, this border is now problematical.

uk_roi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom