What's new

Favourite sub ohm tank?

AcidVenud

Postman
Recently donated my last kit to my girlfriend. Bought myself a geekvape mod which came with the zeus tank.
Now the flavour is amazing but the coil life is bad.
Even if I use well below the lowest wattage recommendation some of the coils burn within 48 hours.

I'm not new to vaping so I'm well aware how to prep the coil.

I gave the gf my M pro 2, this was an amazing tank, coils lasted full of flavour for a week and could easily gey a 2nd week out of them.

So it's tempting to go back to the Mpro but just like many of you out there, I'm looking for the next thing to amaze me before just going back to my old familiar friend.

Have previously considered some sort of RTA but not sure I can be bothered with the effort when the time comes to change the coil.

Let me know what sub ohm you're using with decent coil life and flavour.

Recently donated my last kit to my girlfriend. Bought myself a geekvape mod which came with the zeus tank.
Even if I use well below the lowest wattage recommendation some of the coils burn within 48 hours.

I gave the gf my M pro 2, this was an amazing tank, coils lasted full of flavour for a week and could easily gey a 2nd week out of them.

So it's tempting to go back to the Mpro but just like many of you out there, I'm looking for the next thing to amaze me before just going back to my old familiar friend.

Have previously considered some sort of RTA but not sure I can be bothered with the effort when the time comes to change the coil.

Personally I'd ride out the initial faff that comes with an rta as once you get ok at it... it becomes no more effort than priming your coils. Once a week, slip the cotton out, gently dry burn those coils, slip some cotton in and go back to it. Way better life and flavour off rtas. I wouldn't consider myself an expert but some I use are the blaze or arbiter 2 rtas. Both seem fairly easy. As for plug and play.. the last one I had was the zeus tank like yourself but got fed up like ya self.

Get yourself into Rebuildable’s @AcidVenud my coils last for well over 6 months.

All they need is a slight dry burn and a clean, and there good to go.

Stock coils aren’t meant to last especially when using sweet juice.

Rebuildable’s is the way to go and save you a small fortune mate.

I'm not gonna argue with the above that rebuildables are the way to go at all, it's really not as complicated as it sounds and will save you money in the long run. However, if you do want a great stock coil tank with great flavour and Kong lasting coils then I'd try the vaporesso iTank.

The freemax mesh pro is still my favourite sub ohm tank. Coils last for an age. I use the double and triple coils.

Guess this topic is gonna change to favourite RTA haha.
If I did go down the rebuildable road it would definitely be a tank one, at least for now.

The Fat Rabbit seems to be top of most review sites lists, it's available in most places and the bigger glass seems to be easily available too.
So im guessing something like this and a YouTube video and I'm good to go?
(Obviously coils, cotton and scissors/tweezers too?)

Just buy a Freemax Pro. The best flavour, you can gat, and a reasonable coil life.
Or, you could split the difference. And buy a PnP compatible tank and use the Smrt mesh rebuildable. Which is an absolute doddle to build, and give top flavour.

like above my fave tank was the freemax mesh pro but it leaked now and again. still got loads of coils left so will go back to it one day.

when they released the zeus it was a no brainer as it had top airflow so zero leaks. but like you the coil life could be better but mine do last at least a week. not one has burnt out yet but gives a funky taste so i just put a new one in. mainly use the 0.2 but got a pack of the 0.15 as well but cant tell much difference as both used around the 50watts mark at first but now use them at 30-40w.
what ratio are you using. im on 70vg
i also bought 2 of the geekvape max tanks which use different coils and they can be used at higher wattage 50-60w.

its worth trying the scratch cotton idea which seems to help a bit. the zeus cotton is tightly packed in the coil. using a pin or very small poited head screwdriver scratch at the cotton around the coil. dont press inwards too hard as it could disrupt the wire but trying to losen the cotton seems to saturate the juice quicker and last a bit longer.

Definitely iTank if its stock coils... but I'd also suggest going the rebuildable route.

^ forgot to mention as above, tank of the year so far has to be the itank from vaporesso.

Back
Top Bottom