What's new

After a flavour coil

since converting 100% to my sig 100 i just cannot get a steady build without dry hits. ive had 10hm to 2ohm builds and nothings stopping the dry hits. yes i keep telling myself its the wick but ive tried everything. my tanks are sitting at 10 watts (the lowest) and still dry hits.
when i read people saying they have there device at 30-40 watts and its lovely i just cant work out how?
the only tank i have had no problem with upto now is one of my russions at 1.7 with a twisted microcoil .
just getting fed up now.
any suggestions?
thankyou bob

I use VG heavy juice in my KFLs and never have a problem. I think the secret is to use a lot of wick but, after wetting it, pull it well clear of the channels.

I tried something new the other day, 0.42 Kanthal, 9 wraps round a 2.4mm screwdriver in a KFL V2 wicked with Rayon, coming out at 1.0 ohm. On a mech this fires at about 17 watts and no matter how hard I try, I can't get a dry hit. I've done the same in a Squape R and it's the same.

ahh mr blademansw
i was going to message you earlier. at the moment all i have is 28awg kanthal as that is what i find works for me so got plenty lol.
never had a problem before i even build my sons kfs and russion as he cannot build a coil and he has no problems with taste.
so im at the point in wher im asking myself .is it my coils or my juice (diy)

This is an odd one - Have you tried the same juices in a dripper? do you get flavour then? What ratio are the juices, Have you tried tightening the airflow - people often automatically loosen the airflow for a high watt mod then dont draw on the atty enough to create the required negative pressure for juice to flow...

I'm going to throw myself open to ridicule here and say there is no one build that produces the best flavour. for a simple dripper or tank a standard microcoil with cotton wick should give excellent flavour. Some atomisers do seem to give better flavour than others but any RTA with a kayfun style bild deck and chimney arrangement such as the Russian, The Orchid, The Fogger etc, etc should give decent flavour...

There is a guy on fb selling wire that he has configured so that it makes clapton coils. It comes in a kind of test tube. Can't remember hisname would have to find out for you if you're interested. They are fabled to produce great flavour - would think probs on a dripper mind you.

This is an odd one - Have you tried the same juices in a dripper? do you get flavour then? What ratio are the juices, Have you tried tightening the airflow - people often automatically loosen the airflow for a high watt mod then dont draw on the atty enough to create the required negative pressure for juice to flow...

airflow is fine. to be honest i vape the kf lite just so i can have a "pull" mouth to lung for a change.
i normally mix at 50/50 i do have some juice a little higher pg but not much.
its not a case of no taste more a dry hit problem. i just cant work it out?.
my kf 3.1 has been fine up until the custard i tried last week. just a grants clone but every draw even the first is dry. the kf4 was fine i had atty problems but hodge40 sold me a build deck and its been fine. there was a 20hm build in it when it arrived so i used it for a couple of days to bed the atty in but decided to put a lower build in.thats where my problems started with this one.
im going to try putting a 2om back in it tomorrow and see how it goes.
plenty of vapour just dry nastyness.

There is a guy on fb selling wire that he has configured so that it makes clapton coils. It comes in a kind of test tube. Can't remember hisname would have to find out for you if you're interested. They are fabled to produce great flavour - would think probs on a dripper mind you.

thankyou faye. i think you mean paul wort?
i was going to have a go at some claptons a couple of months ago but didnt get round to ordering the 32awg.
i dont seem to think its my coils as ive been building quite a while and never had any trouble. i must be going through a funny stage or i just cant build a kf deck. but as i said my son has no problems with his kfs and russion that i build for him. its just this last couple of weeks.
as im writing this im thinking?? i am using my old glasses as i have broke my new ones i wonder if this is the problem now as i am struggling a bit seeing the kanthal? so my builds are probably a little sloppy and im not realising it?.
ps.
nice to talk to you faye. hope your good?

Lol know the dodgy glasses problem well. Am well and happy and great to speak to you bob :-)

I am actually wondering if your Sig is stepping down properly as you are using it right at the bottom end of its range? Maybe delivering a lot more power than you are expecting, try about a 1.8 ohm coil for example...

After non stop issues with my black kf4 from FT i transplanted the twisted chimney coil to my hcigar clone, tidied it up a bit and took care with the wicking this time (cellucotton) and I can say the flavour is greatly improved over any other builds i've tried in this (twisted micro, dual and clapton).

It makes sense as the wick covers a greater surface area wrapped around the outside of the coil as apposed to through the centre. Also as the air can travel up through the centre of the coil unobstructed it has increased the airflow without actually touching the afc, and it cools all parts of the coil evenly.

I highly recommend flavour chasing kayfun 4 lovers to give this build a go!

Will be attempting a clapton-chimney coil on my next build :D

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Last edited:
I am actually wondering if your Sig is stepping down properly as you are using it right at the bottom end of its range? Maybe delivering a lot more power than you are expecting, try about a 1.8 ohm coil for example...

yes im thinking the same to be honest
did a stupid thing and either sold or gave away all my mods as i loved the sig that much.and thought if this breaks ill just go buy another. im about to put a 1.8 or 2 0hm build in it and see how i go.
my son is due and he has a mvp i gave him and a vamo so will try this build on that first.

Back
Top Bottom