What's new

MTL RTA's and sweet flavours

Deadanddripping

Postman
Hi guys, just a quick query for those who have endless knowledge.

I have 2 rta's, a Neeko and a Bishop, and have tried both with a juice I found very sweet with stock coils but get next to no sweetness with my coils. I use plain kanthal and ni80 superfine clapton wire, BP mods lazy cotton and muji.

Coil height has been up and down in both but it doesn't taste right. Am I doing something wrong or is it just the way of the tanks and coils? They wick well, lots of vapour and never a dry hit. Tastes like fruit but not sweet. I'm confused.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

with the bishop you might need to bump the power up more than you would think. can’t comment on the neeko as i’ve not got one.

i’d also suggest trying stainless wire. for some of us ni80 and especially kanthal impart an unpleasant note to the flavour.

with the bishop you might need to bump the power up more than you would think. can’t comment on the neeko as i’ve not got one.

i’d also suggest trying stainless wire. for some of us ni80 and especially kanthal impart an unpleasant note to the flavour.

Thanks, I often try a range of resistances and wattage. What SS wire would you recommend?

for ages i’ve just been using the 28/29 awg 316L from stealthvape. a massive spool is super cheap, it will last you forever. is used to prefer 30 or even 32 but for some reason have settled on this one.

Did your stock coils have a mesh or traditional wound type coil? With a mesh coil there are more points of contact with the cotton and a larger surface area covered in juice and I`ve found with my stock coilers that the mesh coils are more flavoursome than the wire coils. With my rta`s I `ve found spaced coils tastier than contact micro coils.

Did your stock coils have a mesh or traditional wound type coil? With a mesh coil there are more points of contact with the cotton and a larger surface area covered in juice and I`ve found with my stock coilers that the mesh coils are more flavoursome than the wire coils. With my rta`s I `ve found spaced coils tastier than contact micro coils.

I've used both wire and mesh coils, stock coils just seem sweeter. I'm not one for all out sweet flavours but I hate to feel I'm missing out, especially if it's something to do with how I build. I've got a spaced coil I'm my bishop now. I'll keep messing around and see what happens.

1. Coil placement can have a significant impact on flavor. Try positioning them so that they are aligned with the airflow and not too close or too far from the airflow holes.
2. Ni80 is known for its quick ramp-up time and great flavor, while plain Kanthal may not provide the same level of flavor. Consider using Ni80 for both coils.
3. If your coils are too high or too low in resistance, it may affect the sweetness and overall taste. Make sure your coils are within the recommended resistance range for your RTAs.
4. Wicking is crucial for flavor. Ensure that you're using enough cotton to create a snug fit in the coils, but not so much that it chokes the wicking process. It should allow for efficient e-liquid flow to the coils.

Experiment with these factors and check if they can improve the sweetness of your vape.

1. Coil placement can have a significant impact on flavor. Try positioning them so that they are aligned with the airflow and not too close or too far from the airflow holes.
2. Ni80 is known for its quick ramp-up time and great flavor, while plain Kanthal may not provide the same level of flavor. Consider using Ni80 for both coils.
3. If your coils are too high or too low in resistance, it may affect the sweetness and overall taste. Make sure your coils are within the recommended resistance range for your RTAs.
4. Wicking is crucial for flavor. Ensure that you're using enough cotton to create a snug fit in the coils, but not so much that it chokes the wicking process. It should allow for efficient e-liquid flow to the coils.

Experiment with these factors and check if they can improve the sweetness of your vape.

Thanks for the reply, I have since had a great few weeks of building. I'm not entirely sure what I did differently with the Neeko but it's been working really well.

As for the Bishop, I was having a very dirty tank, always a very dark colour. I swapped the air pins from 0.8 to 1mm and all of a sudden the flavour came in and the juice in the tank stays clean. I was always under the impression that tighter airflow gave more flavour but in this case its brightened everything up and tastes great! I liked the draw better tight but I'm getting used to it as it is.

With the bishop I have the 4ml and 2ml, I find the 2ml as it is shorter gives more of a sweeter note.

Mtl rta builds I find the sweet spot between 1 ohm and anything under 1.20.

The neeko I can't comment on.

Shorter tanks with compresed chimney always picks up sweeter notes.

Back
Top Bottom