What's new

A massive ask....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting tiered of this now
Ok you served and so what you signed up,yes? Don't tell me you were never told of stuff that may happen once you become a civilian,correct?

Now you come here with the(mother of all asks) take a moment to take that in...and I'll continue,ready?

Well you sir had the opertunuty to call time on what was offered to you but you continued accepting sometimes what was offered previously,I'll bet you have duplicates,correct?

Sometimes the "massive ask becomes the massive piss take"
There I've sad it,if you don't like it get Rob to ban me lol

Someone's is a pissy mood today, arnt they?

Do us all a favour, grow some balls cupcake, and keep your comments to yourself.

Who made you judge and jury of who can and can't give what they want, and receive what they want.

Everyone knows what he had already been offered, before they made their offer.

Donations were made, not because of his career choices, but to get him away from iclear30s'. His request for scrap seems genuine, as does he.

It seems to me you are just a green eyed monster.

Ok you served and so what you signed up,yes? Don't tell me you were never told of stuff that may happen once you become a civilian,correct?

Now you come here with the(mother of all asks) take a moment to take that in...and I'll continue,ready?

Well you sir had the opertunuty to call time on what was offered to you but you continued accepting sometimes what was offered previously,I'll bet you have duplicates,correct?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as an ex serving member of our armed forces I think you will find that all the members of our armed forces fight day in day out so you can keep your right to freedom of speech and security,so I will not be asking rob to action your frankly pathetic and childish request for me to have you banned.i fought for arseholes like you to have your right to freedom of speech.

I assume your one of those who stands and spits at us when we come home from Iraq and Afghanistan .we knew what we aerie doing but didn't realise that for some of us the affects of what we see and experience stay forever and sometimes take over our lives in a bad way.i sincerely hope you never suffer any form of p.t.s.d or depression and anxiety especially if you have the attitude you do now.you would like me to insult people by saying no to their genourosity .if you had read all this thread and communication you would have clearly seen I will be paying forward as soon as I'm able,which yes will include any duplicates.so please give your mouth a rest so that your one brain cell can work.you sir are an ignorant human being.rant over God bless you

Someone's is a pissy mood today, arnt they?

Do us all a favour, grow some balls cupcake, and keep your comments to yourself.

Who made you judge and jury of who can and can't give what they want, and receive what they want.

Everyone knows what he had already been offered, before they made their offer.

Donations were made, not because of his career choices, but to get him away from iclear30s'. His request for scrap seems genuine, as does he.

It seems to me you are just a green eyed monster.
And who are you to Judge me custard cup?

I'm happy to have sent all I did to Phil.
You get to know the genuine requests from the 'I want I want' requests.
How we give to others should be of no concern to others. I'd do it again, as I've come to see which requests are genuine and which are just out for freebies.

I'm happy to have sent all I did to Phil.
You get to know the genuine requests from the 'I want I want' requests.
How we give to others should be of no concern to others. I'd do it again, as I've come to see which requests are genuine and which are just out for freebies.

I would never I have a shop 2 mins away

I understand that, but Phil asked a very small ask, and we happily got on the 'giving' bandwagon. Yes he got what he required in the iclear30 coils, but they're so outdated that the fellow apes wanted to set him up with other goods. He didn't ask for them.
Not having a go at you, so please don't think that. [emoji17]

I'm a bit of a cynic at heart, and I completely get where you're coming from, but in this case I don't think you're being fair. In spite of the title, Phil's initial request was eminently reasonable, and yes there has been a bit of a 'bandwagon' effect, but you can hardly blame him for that. People have got a lot of pleasure out of coming together to help him and giving him stuff, and sometimes when you're in his position you can't win - you seem churlish and ungrateful if you refuse (though he did do that at one stage too, and very sensitively and politely, I might add) and opportunistic if you accept. Yes, it really did snowball and in another situation I might have agreed with you, but personally, in this particular case, I don't think this could have happened to a nicer bloke.

Also, his service record came up later, it wasn't part of his initial request and at no time did he complain and ask for 'stuff' on the basis of having served.

And who are you to Judge me custard cup?

Apparently I'm the arsehole who helps you sleep soundly at night.you wouldn't be sleeping so soundly if you were on the front line.you would probably be the snotty nosed git who freezes and shits himself when the first exchange of fire starts and puts his mates at risk.youve made your point so let's leave it there. By the way God bless

WOW! the generosity is quite overwhelming kudos to all contributors

Looks like you got sent a shop :D

I couldn't send you anything because that would've left me nothing to vape myself

I'm a one mod one tank kind of guy :)

Anyway enjoy that shop of goodies :D

Hmmm

I'm a bit of a cynic at heart, and I completely get where you're coming from, but in this case I don't think you're being fair. In spite of the title, Phil's initial request was eminently reasonable, and yes there has been a bit of a 'bandwagon' effect, but you can hardly blame him for that. People have got a lot of pleasure out of coming together to help him and giving him stuff, and sometimes when you're in his position you can't win - you seem churlish and ungrateful if you refuse (though he did do that at one stage too, and very sensitively and politely, I might add) and opportunistic if you accept. Yes, it really did snowball and in another situation I might have agreed with you, but personally, in this particular case, I don't think this could have happened to a nicer bloke.

Also, his service record came up later, it wasn't part of his initial request and at no time did he complain and ask for 'stuff' on the basis of having served.

Well said. Sums this situation up perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom